1000.4 pointing issue

parvaim

Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
canada
Ok, I have been trying to point this dish for 2 days. The only bird I have is 72.7 on port 1. I do not understand how I can get 77 on port one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One technique is temporarily to cover up the outer two LNBs with aluminum foil.

It is a extreme pain in the A$% to point that dish. You need to move the dish in very small increments. First make sure you are on the correct satellite IAW the directions. I had my receiver setup to the point antenna screen and the satellite that the direction said. I found the satellite and peaked it up the best I could with my meter. The I walked back and forth ant peaked it up with the point satellite screen. Then I started using the adjustment on the dish mount to peak it further. It took about 3 hours. I have to install another dish for my house and this is up about 20' on my tower. Thats why I am installing a 1000.2 dish. Good luck.

1000.4 pointing

I had trouble getting it too,I spent 3 days trying to get it,until I found out you need to connect to port 2 and find 72.5 and then make ajustments to get the other two.

I had trouble getting it too,I spent 3 days trying to get it,until I found out you need to connect to port 2 and find 72.5 and then make ajustments to get the other two.

This is exactly what my installer did. Took him maybe 15 minutes total.

per dish network installation manuel

Using a peaking meter attached to the DPP 1000.4 LNBF​
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]P[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]ORT [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]2[/FONT][/FONT], rough peak the dish on 72.7°W using
transponder 19 or 21 for maximum strength. Lock the mast clamp bolts (see Table 1) and re-confirm signal (page
5, steps 2 and 3).

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Note​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]: If using a peaking meter, only odd transponders will be detected from 72.7°W at this time.
8. Using the elevation rod, fine-tune the elevation angle to achieve maximum signal. Tighten the top elevation rod
nut, and then tighten the side elevation bolts marked T. Reconfirm signal after tightening all elevation bolts (page
6, step 6).
9. Using the azimuth fine-tune cam, fine-tune the azimuth angle to achieve maximum signal. Tighten the bolts
labeled with a T and reconfirm signal. Do
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]not [/FONT][/FONT]tighten the azimuth fine-tune cam (page 7, step 6).
10. Connect the receiver cable(s) to the DPP 1000.4 LNBF
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]P[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]ORT [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]1 [/FONT][/FONT](and [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]P[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]ORT [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]2 [/FONT][/FONT]and [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]P[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]ORT [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]3[/FONT][/FONT], as necessary)
and receiver (page 7, steps 7-9).
11. Run Check Switch test and confirm 61.5°W, 72.7°W, and 77°W reception (page 8, steps 10 and 11).
12. Take a software download, if you didn’t already (page 8, step 12).

13. Run a second Check Switch test and confirm 61.5ºW, 72.7ºW, and 77° reception (page 8, step 13).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)