1000.4WA vs. DISH 500 for DNS

kirbybear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cresview Florida
Given that DISH will be using 110HD and 119SD for DNS when offered , would the 1000.4WA be any advantage over a dish 500 if only looking at 110 and 119. Bigger dish better signal strength ? I would not be getting any locals . Bob

Would get better signal strength with the side benefit of not having to upgrade the dish if you were to upgrade your package.

Thread started already, no more 100.4. OP, you still have incorrect spelling of your town! lol
500 Dish is fine for 119/110, but as mentioned, doubful you will get an installer to do it, because you can't get just the distants from Dish. (Unless you are moving or using in an RV, you probably can't get them all from that town) You can install it yourself, but you still will have to have a full package of some type even if you are using in an RV or from a address Dish will give them to you. Chances are almost none you will get them at a residence.

Actually, a lot of Dish Installers (including myself), do install 1000.4s instead of 500s even if it's a SD system being installed. The main reason is that with the flood of HD TVs, it saves time and money to install the HD "Ready" dish instead of having to go back and upgrade. I've also been made aware that we will be reverting back to the 1000.2 dishes.

When the black and red reflectors first came out, I was happy to see something different other than the gray. They look nice, in my opinion. However, they seem to cause more bad than good. I can't count how many times I've had to replace them because of being bent or all scratched up.

The point of the post was , is the 1000 dish better at receiving 110/119 than a 500. I was not sure the 1000 was not configured just to pick an other sat as opposed to better reception for the 110 /119 also. Am I obligated to go back and fix my speeling mistakes ?? Thank for the responses and I do have an RV.

@Kirby- In general, and from my experiences, there's really not much difference in signal strength from the 1000 or 500 series. The only time you'll really find a difference is between the WA and EA, since the WA orbitals are closer (at least here in the Midwest).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts