Status
Please reply by conversation.
And this confirm PR setup

Attachments

• 20181009_161256.jpg
    20181009_161256.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 100
Ok, got it now ...

Strange for some reason it never showed up on my Tapatalk app.

So had to go the satelliteguys website itself to d/l it from there.

Quickly, does the 119W signal level screen even show up there in PR?

I always assumed DIRECTV disabled it there since there was no need for it as the 119W satellite (T7S) can't reach PR while covering the US.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

And this confirm PR setup

Now that's interesting that it shows "you have completed satellite setup for Puerto Rico". In the US, it just shows "you have completed satellite setup". What choices does it give for the dish configuration? I'd assume it doesn't give you the option of "SL3", for instance, but would have to require SL5 since Puerto Rico needs to see the 110 satellite.

One other request for posting a picture, if you don't mind us constantly bothering you. Can you go the info screen where it shows the receiver model and firmware version, and post that here? One thing we've been wondering is whether receivers in Puerto Rico are running different firmware builds from what we run here in the US, or the differences like the above are accounted for by the access card (the receiver will "know" it was activated for an account in Puerto Rico) or by the info it downloads at startup (currently receivers in Puerto Rico download that info from 110, but soon they will be downloading it from 101 and 110 will go away)

Receiver H25/100 using SL5 Lnbf

Attachments

• Capture+_Software.png
    Capture+_Software.png
    70 KB · Views: 112
  • Capture+_2018Firmware.png
    Capture+_2018Firmware.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 130
Receiver H25/100 using SL5 Lnbf

Thanks, looks like a normal firmware version for the H25 so probably identical firmware to the US. My guess is that the card being activated in Puerto Rico causes it to do a few things differently, like looking for the 110 satellite at startup instead of 101 like in CONUS, and that "completed satellite setup for Puerto Rico" message.

I did some testing on one of my H20s (which has the old SD GUI so it is easier to see what is happening) and found that if I disconnect both even and odd 99/101 inputs from the dish and restart the receiver it will show "searching for satellite signal" forever. If I connect the odd it will find the signal but sit at 0% for the initial download forever. So apparently whatever it is looking for is only available on 101's even transponders (could be transponder 32, where the SWM guide channel is located for us)

My guess is that when Directv is ready to cut Puerto Rico over to using the 101 satellite in preparation for shutting down 110, we will see at least transponder 32 offloaded from T9S to T15 - maybe all 10 non-spotbeam transponders. Then they will show up on your satellite screen for 101, and 110 will probably show 0s soon after. No idea when this will happen, could be next week or could be a few months from now.

Reactions: millennium23
Thanks, looks like a normal firmware version for the H25 so probably identical firmware to the US. My guess is that the card being activated in Puerto Rico causes it to do a few things differently, like looking for the 110 satellite at startup instead of 101 like in CONUS, and that "completed satellite setup for Puerto Rico" message.

I did some testing on one of my H20s (which has the old SD GUI so it is easier to see what is happening) and found that if I disconnect both even and odd 99/101 inputs from the dish and restart the receiver it will show "searching for satellite signal" forever. If I connect the odd it will find the signal but sit at 0% for the initial download forever. So apparently whatever it is looking for is only available on 101's even transponders (could be transponder 32, where the SWM guide channel is located for us)

My guess is that when Directv is ready to cut Puerto Rico over to using the 101 satellite in preparation for shutting down 110, we will see at least transponder 32 offloaded from T9S to T15 - maybe all 10 non-spotbeam transponders. Then they will show up on your satellite screen for 101, and 110 will probably show 0s soon after. No idea when this will happen, could be next week or could be a few months from now.
Are you sure it's not on 101 tp31, we use to get all even to on 101, but almost none on the odd tp's, that why we could not get an HD receiver loading, without a 10 or 12ft to see tp31

Are you sure it's not on 101 tp31, we use to get all even to on 101, but almost none on the odd tp's, that why we could not get an HD receiver loading, without a 10 or 12ft to see tp31

Were you using SWM or legacy mode? When I experimented a couple days ago I couldn't get the H20 to load when it only saw 101's odd transponders, it had to see 101's even transponders to properly start up. Maybe the newer HD receivers act differently - the H20's last firmware update was in Sept. 2013 so Directv might have moved a few things around but without a firmware update it doesn't know where to look. I wonder what would happen if I put it in legacy mode

For me the most interesting thing I found during that experiment was if I had the 99/101 odds disconnected and 99/101 evens connected so it started up and the progress bar showed the percentage of loading, if I disconnected the 99/101 evens - leaving only 103 evens/odds remaining - the loading progress continued uninterrupted. It only needed 101 at startup to get some minimal bit of data - probably a current map of what's where which is a good way to handle receivers that might have been in storage for years and not had a firmware update, or for which firmware updates have stopped like the H20.

Reactions: millennium23
Were you using SWM or legacy mode? When I experimented a couple days ago I couldn't get the H20 to load when it only saw 101's odd transponders, it had to see 101's even transponders to properly start up. Maybe the newer HD receivers act differently - the H20's last firmware update was in Sept. 2013 so Directv might have moved a few things around but without a firmware update it doesn't know where to look. I wonder what would happen if I put it in legacy mode

For me the most interesting thing I found during that experiment was if I had the 99/101 odds disconnected and 99/101 evens connected so it started up and the progress bar showed the percentage of loading, if I disconnected the 99/101 evens - leaving only 103 evens/odds remaining - the loading progress continued uninterrupted. It only needed 101 at startup to get some minimal bit of data - probably a current map of what's where which is a good way to handle receivers that might have been in storage for years and not had a firmware update, or for which firmware updates have stopped like the H20.
It was legacy, was years ago about 2011-2012, maybe things have change

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)