Status
Please reply by conversation.

qwertio12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2014
mississippi
is ktla and bounce tv still there cant seem to scan any horizontal channels.is the lnb bad its a bsc42 lnb

Yep, still there. Check your coax connections for corrosion. Can introduce high resistance lowering the LNBF voltage causing horizontal to go by by.

i check all connections and found no corrosion and I'm getting the proper voltage at the end of the coax cable where it goes into the lnb any other suggestions

proper voltage at the end of the coax cable - is this with the LNBF connected? Voltage drop won't always be seen if there is no load.
12v---^^^^1k^^^---(12v)----GND
12v ---^^^1k^^^---(6v)--^^1k^^^--GND
Test the LNBF by twisting it 90 degrees - should then get the H transponders on the V setting. And V on the H setting IF the LNBF is OK.
If one or the other are missing, time to replace the lnbf.[edit] if the loaded voltages are OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium
What is the Vdc reading on a horizontal channel measured at the LNBF? Measuring under load or no load?

Do horizontal transponders come in if the LNBF is rotated 90 degrees and the LNB voltage is changed from auto to Horizontal (18Vdc)?

Do you receive horizontal polarity channels on other satellites?

Edit: Fat Air beat me to the post! :)

i can recieve vertical only when rotated 90 degrees the voltage is 18 for horizontal and 13.3 for vertical

Sorry, my bad....

Do Horizontal transponders come in if the LNBF is rotated 90 degrees and the transponder polarity is changed to Vertical (13Vdc)?

What we are trying to accomplish here is to swap the polarity of the hardware to tune the horizontal transponder using the vertical portion of the hardware.

Glad to hear everything is working again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts