Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have 7 Horizontal channels working there fine, in addition to the Vertical channels. Must be something on your end.

would a bad cable cause this
It is possible if you're setup uses voltage-based signalling to switch between horizontal (18VDC) and vertical (13VDC). I'd suggest a continuity test on the cable. It is possible that a cable won't pass enough DC but will still pass RF.

Your receiver could be set to one polarity only, or you could have a receiver problem. I'd take a volt meter and see if both voltages are present at the F Connector on the back of the receiver.

Your receiver could be set to one polarity only, or you could have a receiver problem. I'd take a volt meter and see if both voltages are present at the F Connector on the back of the receiver.
ok its a amiko mini se hd

I did a forum search and it looks like qwertio12 had the same problem in 2015. A new lnb fixed it until now.

The question that comes to my mind: Could something wrong with his set-up be causing lnb's to fail on the horizontal?

I'll leave that 1 to the experts.I have no idea.

Curious what dish size gets decent signal on 101? 6ft fails miserably from Southern Ontario.

I would start looking for at least a 10 footer.

Reactions: hank123
ok its a amiko mini se hd

I don't own one of those, but I would check to see if there's a wrong setting, and if that's OK, I'd check to see if both voltages are present at the back of the receiver and at the end of the cable connecting to the LNB. If they are present there, then I'd think about replacing the LNB.

Curious what dish size gets decent signal on 101? 6ft fails miserably from Southern Ontario.

Too far north for a 6 footer on most satellites. I used a 6 footer on C-Band back in the 80's here in West Virginia, and it did surprisingly well considering the fact that the satellites in those days were much weaker than they are now. I got a call from an old friend the other day who purchased a 16 foot Paraclipse back in the 80's. He's wanting rid of it and he says it's still in excellent condition. I have no use for something that big. It's heavy enough to require 2 motor arms, one pulling, one pushing to move it.

I just picked up 2 ten foot dishes this past week, and I have a 3rd one to go look at. I'm hoping the 3rd one is the same brand of dish as the one I got yesterday so I can switch out a quarter section to replace a damaged section in the one I just got. The guys who helped load it got in a hurry and pulled 2 panels of screen out of the track at the bottom of the dish that had weeds growing through the screen. It would have been perfect if that hadn't happened.

Status
Please reply by conversation.