101W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
SR= Symbol Ej.
Hist & bio actual info Frequency 12060 Polarity Horizontal Symbol (SR) 26700 FEC 3/4

I'm at zip 78336...Latitude: 27.9484 Longitude: -97.1385. Always had Hist/Bio at 69-70% on my CS 4k pro using a DTV 20x18 dish. 3ABN was 87% and RTPi in the mid 90's. Yesterday morning Hist/Bio was at 63/64% and RTPi wouldn't even scan in. Tweaked until my fingers were numb and the markings on the dish scale were starting to disappear :) and the best I could get was 66% on Hist/Bio. I had to punch in the #'s for RTPi and got 87%.

This morning Hist/Bio is back to 63-64% and RTPi is at 65-67%.

Looks like with SES 1 it is either really, really good or nothing.

I could always buy(OMG!) a bigger dish but that would take the fun out of it. :)

Looks like there favoring the U.S. and part of Canada only now. By me in Illinois it's burning up the sky's. Much better than AMC 4 was. History and Bio are rock solid 24/7 on the dual LNBF ADTH.

I guess those out of the footprint can't do much :(

Hows signal by you Keith?

On my 60e (LNB 6 degrees off-centre) History and Bio are also rock solid 24/7 at 45 (sometimes almost pushing 50) on the Pansat, so I am a happy camper! It is as good as I ever got before.

Some of the other transponders are down slightly, but not of a significant loss. SES-1's EIRP footprint here is slightly lower than from AMC4's.

As long as History/Bio stay as they are, all will be good!

History

I just sit up an Old Direct PC dish and Invacom Lnbf to a Coolsat 5000 and I am getting History Channel at 81 and the rest are pretty close to that. Nothing is less than 78 here.

When installing the dish, I had a heck of a time getting on 101 it seemed to be very narrow. I mean moving the dish a hairs width; I would drop signal quality to 0. Tweaking was like hold your breath and move it ever so slightly and hope I didn't drop signal.

Had it not been for my Satbuddy II, I doubt I would ever got a signal on it just using a receiver. That satellite is not forgiving at all, one hair and it's gone.

There is something strange about that 12060H transponder when received by my 3' dish, and it was strange before too.
When I do spectrum scans of sats, with my Broadlogic 1030, I can usually estimate the SR of the signal from the width of the signal, and the program I wrote to plot the spectrum scans makes an estimate based on dragging the mouse across from the left to right side of the peak, and I've found that normally I get the best results dragging at approximately 2/3's the way up the peak.
Well with that 12060 peak, the peak looks too wide, and my program estimates the SR as being around 30000, instead of the real 26700. If I tune in this12060 transponder with my old dented 10' dish, it shows the width of the peak being considerably narrower, around 27800... still too wide, but closer.
Anyway, I assumed from this that with the 3' dish, I must be seeing some adjacent sat contribution from nearby sats, however looking through Lyngsat, I don't see signals on either of the nearby sats that might be interferring. Only thing I see that might be causing the 12060 signal to look too wide, are some narrow low SR signals on AMC1, however I don't see any bleedover from the SES bird onto AMC1, so I don't think that it the cause.
But clearly, SOMETHING is causing thie 12060 signal to look wider than normal. If not from adjacent sats, then the suspicious nature in me makes me think that there is more info in these signals than just what is being sent via the 26700 SR Hotel signal. Ie perhaps somehow this carrier somehow has subcarriers that are carrying other signals, the presence of which make the signal look wider? Or perhaps one of the operational ZOMBIE sats that have been parked in that neighborhood might be sending out signals in the same freq as that transponder? Who would do that and why??? Perhaps SPIES? What better place to enable a spy to receive messages but over channels that are tuned in by many hotels in this hemisphere. Perhaps the remnants of the KGB have taken over one of the transponders in one of the still alive zombie sats, and are sending out spread spectrum stuff on top of the hotel network signals??? Only other thing that comes to mind is that there is something wrong with my high priced ($35) spectrum display hardware........ but what is more logical, the malfunction of a $35 sat tuner or the workings of a KGB spy ring??? Well, now you know how my warped mind functions. :cool:

Today

Today, I lost History and Bio for about 2 hours. I went from having an 82q to 83q signal to having a 0 quality signal for about 2 hours. As soon as the sun went over the moutain, I had a signal again. Not saying the sun had anything to do with it but that is what happened here. I just thought it odd in all of about 3 minutes my quality went from a pretty good signal to nothing.

All other tp's worked and didn't show any decreases in signal.

Happen here also near Ottawa Canada around 1 pm signal went from Q70 to Q zero and lost picture. I went out for an hour and when I got back it was back to 70, wx clear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)