105 signal problem

lloyde6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
My Dad's system is only getting a 50 signal on 105 but 110 and 119 are over 100 signal. Is this an alignment problem or something else? His dish has a clear view of the sky so there is nothing blocking the signal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I would say that your dish moved a fraction. You can try the push/pull meathod on the sides of the dish to see what direction you need to move the dish. You can do this without loosening the bolts. My favorite method to use if I don't have a meter is to place a phone by the tv speaker and listen with my cell phone. You can hear the tone go up when you are getting a higher signal.

Good luck

Some of the metal dishes get warped preventing the signal from getting up as high. Did the signal used to be higher than that? Your dish may not have been peaked correctly during installation.

I usually use walkie talkies with vox (automatically push to talk when it detects audio).

My Locals come from transponder 5 off of the 105 satellite and I have an average signal of about 87. About a month or so ago E* replaced the satellite and signals received increased. I don't know when your system was originally installed but if the antenna is not easily accessible you may want to call a local retailer and ask what a good signal strength for you area is. Then you can make an informed decision wether to try to repoint the dish or have some one else do it for you. Good Luck!

The signal was only mid 50's when installed. I checked a nieghbors and their signal is only mid 50's. I don't know if it was the same installer or not so I will try to repeak it when I get the chance and if that doesn't help I will call Dish.
Thanks for the help!

lloyde6 said:
The signal was only mid 50's when installed. I checked a nieghbors and their signal is only mid 50's. I don't know if it was the same installer or not so I will try to repeak it when I get the chance and if that doesn't help I will call Dish.
Thanks for the help!

Low numbers on 105 are normal. 105 will be alot lower than 110 and 119 because the satellite is low powered. Dish has got another one up to help the problem but if you are not having any pixelating or outages "other than in heavy storms" than you are fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)