105 Superdish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bentjm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I have the 105/110/119 Superdish setup. Two 322 receivers - DP34 switch. I have had this for 3 years now and it suits my needs just fine. I have a couple of questions:

1. Over a year ago, my locals were moved off of 105. Is there any reason not to remove the 105 LNB?

2. I take a receiver to my boat some weekends - yes it is a gray area, but I only watch in one place or the other, not both at the same time. I have another Superdish/DP34 switch setup on the boat mounted on a heavy duty rotator. I have always been able to find a good signal (over 100 out of 125) just using the point satellite screen off of the menu. I use a compass to get it close to 220 then just tweak the rotator unit a degree at a time waiting a few seconds between tweaks until I find the signal. In the last month, this has become increasingly hard to accomplish. It is like the receiver has slowed down dramatically in locking onto the satellites. Once it locks, I get the same signal as before. Any ideas?

I can only respond to the first question: Sure, disconnect the 105 LNB and that will free up a port on the DP34 for whatever. I put up an old Dish300 with a new DP dual LNB and now get 61.5 because I could. Got me a few extra Public Interest channels and also prepares me for HD if I make the move before the MPEG4 birds come online.

sigmtr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)