Status
Please reply by conversation.

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
Hi folks,

I'm making my first foray onto the C-band forum with a work-related question.

We're thinking of putting up a dish to pull in NASA TV and DVIDS on 105w.

Would a six footer be OK in Boston and San Francisco, or does it really need to be an eight foot dish?

And while I have your attention, a couple of additional questions: Is there a satellite-delivered feed of proceedings from the House or Senate? I haven't been able to identify one.

And does anyone know what happened to Europe by Satellite, the European Commission's feed? I'm almost certain I've seen it listed in the past on an Atlantic satellite for feeding the East Coast, but I can't find any reference to it now. Was it discontinued?

Martyn

6 or 8? Think I'd have to recommend an 7.5 or larger. Seem to remember some having trouble with it, NASA, on a 6ft. Think it was adjacent satellite interference that was the likely cause.

U.S. House or Senate? None available mpeg
FTA. DCII??

EbS? http://ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/satellite.cfm?sitelang=en
Can be seen streaming.. http://ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/live.cfm?page=1
It's been quite some time since I remember seeing it @ 55 or 58(I think)
Think that was back when it was analog for some reason.

CSPAN is still in the clear in good old analog on AMC 11 @131w,xponder 7.I think all their other feeds are encrypted.I would also suggest at least an 8'.

Would a six footer be OK in Boston and San Francisco, or does it really need to be an eight foot dish?

Martyn

Martyn,

I live in Massachusetts on Cape Cod and have had a 7.5 foot C-Band dish in operation since 1999.
It performs flawlessly.

John

105W dish size in MA and CA?
If interestingly card on 105,0w AMC 18, with the sizes Dish.
105,0w-C-.jpg

8' dish gets NASA ok but not much signal headroom. Snow loading, wind, slight mis-alignment and signal is gone. The 4000MHz TP is not really that strong, never more than 90% even on the 10' dish. NBC has a better signal. Not sure about "dvids"... Think I remember seeing something like that on 91 a few months ago. Gone now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts