1080P/24 No Audio via HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I tried a search, but it yielded no useful results. So, here is my problem:

I have a 722 with L616. My television is a Sony KDL-40Z4100. I rented Eagle Eye 1080P VOD on two different days. Each time no audio was present via the HDMI. Audio was fine from both the RF and analog audio outputs, but not the HDMI. However, via HDMI, about every 5 minutes or so (I just let it play for a while) the audio would briefly come on for about 2 seconds, then silemce again; absolutely no audio. Again, no noise, just no audio--no sound at all--via HDMI. The banner on my Sony confirms the playback at 1080P/24 (GREAT picture), but no audio via HDMI.

Does anyone have any idea why this is. I tried changing the audio settings on the TV as well as the 722, but it makes no difference. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. While I could view this with sound via component (according to the manual it will support 1080P), I would prefer the HDMI.

Thanks in advance to all of your responses.

I have exactly the same problem, Sony TV, 1080p/24 Great Picture! I am Legend was Spectacular, but no audio via HDMI. I put it off to a Dolby format problem because when the sound came on for a second the Dolby Display would appear on the tv screen then it was gone. I just took the rca outputs and pluged them into my old stereo and The sound was there, but of course It was not Digital . (I really need a new stereo)

I have the same problem, 722, same software Sony KDL-40v4100. no sound only on 1080/24
I put it off as a Dolby problem as I just run the HDMI into my tv. I patch the RCA audio out into my old stereo and I have the audio, of course It's not Digital. I am using this as an excuse to buy a new stereo

I have the same problem, 722, same software Sony KDL-40v4100. no sound only on 1080/24
I put it off as a Dolby problem as I just run the HDMI into my tv. I patch the RCA audio out into my old stereo and I have the audio, of course It's not Digital. I am using this as an excuse to buy a new stereo

I tried a search, but it yielded no useful results. So, here is my problem:

I have a 722 with L616. My television is a Sony KDL-40Z4100. I rented Eagle Eye 1080P VOD on two different days. Each time no audio was present via the HDMI. Audio was fine from both the RF and analog audio outputs, but not the HDMI. However, via HDMI, about every 5 minutes or so (I just let it play for a while) the audio would briefly come on for about 2 seconds, then silemce again; absolutely no audio. Again, no noise, just no audio--no sound at all--via HDMI. The banner on my Sony confirms the playback at 1080P/24 (GREAT picture), but no audio via HDMI.

Does anyone have any idea why this is. I tried changing the audio settings on the TV as well as the 722, but it makes no difference. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. While I could view this with sound via component (according to the manual it will support 1080P), I would prefer the HDMI.

Thanks in advance to all of your responses.

I have this exact same issue - my tv is also a Sony but the model is KDL-40W4100

I'm going to try the analog patch to see if it works.

Thanks for some response on this. I feel so much better having my suspicions confirmed that I was not alone on this. So far, only us high-end Sony owners have confirmed this problem, although it would be interesting if any Sony M and S owners have the same problem.

BTW, my 722's now have software L617. Is anyone brave enough to try the 1080P/24 HDMI audio now? I have found that in the past some software updates have solved unpublished minor problems I've had with STB's over the years.

If it doesn't work with L617, then I guess we need to inform Dish and Sony about this and hope that they will have an update. I should add that I have the most recent update from Sony for my model TV, so it shouldn't be a matter of having the old firmware for my TV (hoping the latest firmware didn't mess things up).

Please, let's keep us all informed and keep posting what we learn.

Thanks to all; a continuing saga.