Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So, I have finally built my HDPC and Im watching a 4:2:2 feeds now with the help of my tt s2-3200 and tsreader. I included a 1080P bluray player in it. I have noticed that some bluray disks are a little choppy but not bad for the most part. It got me wondering how many of you are running 1080P HTPC's for FTA and how do you keep your pc from getting choppy. I have a 3.0 core duo CPU with Two gigs running xp professonal. I chose XP over vista as I could not get the tt S2-3200 up with tsreader and vista. Also whats the best de anitlacer?

Im running HDMI from the PC to the tv.

Well, I'm no expert on this, but I'll chime in. I have a new S2-3200 board to add to my year and a half old skywalker-1. On the h.264 feed , sometimes I have to switch codecs. I'm running Arcsoft, CoreAVC and Cyberlink. Oddly, on a particular feed, one of them will be substantially better than the other . Another issue is the video renderer ( all my examples are working with DVBdream) , where CoreAVC h264 codec seems to favor a particular renderer, and Arcstoft another renderer. PCI DVB is a very flexible world , and no two systems seem to act alike.

:)

-DVB setup
AMD Athlon dual core X2 5600+
ASUS mobo
2 GB ddr ram
ATI x1650 Pro (512MB)
Genpix skywalker-1
TT s2-3200

When I had my HTPC, I used the s2-3200 with ProgDVB Pro (not the freeware version) and it worked really well with 4.2.2 feeds and it deinterlaced the feed really well, it was highly configurable.

"It got me wondering how many of you are running 1080P HTPC's for FTA and how do you keep your pc from getting choppy." You might want to look at your cpu utilization, and see whether your existing video card will decompress h.264 in hardware . ATI and Nvidea each sell several cards that handle hardware decompression of the mpeg4 ( h.264 ) stream.
The one's that I'm sure of are ATI 2500/2600 Series and Nvidea 8500/8600 series ( but not ALL in the series) . Tom's Hardware had a good review of some cards playing back BluRay media.

:)

I have watched few Blu-Ray / HDDVD movies on my HTPC with E4300 processor and Nvidia 8500GT video card, on my 46" 1080P LCD, in the last month after I git new TV. I did not see any chopping so far. I don't have line of sight to 87W now since I moved to new apt. Earlier on 720P TV I used to watch PBS HD using Skystar II card and did not have any problem there as well. CPU usage has never exceeded 45%, even with deinterlacing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts