11/16/2011 5:31pm - Uplink Activity Report - 144 changes

--- dish is going to sell the distant to all the suscribers? or only to the rv/truckers ones? i'm with AAD and will prefer to dish to bring me
the channels directly ---

Better hope that does not happen, as it stands you will not get distants delivered to a house if Dish is providing them.

AAD was pretty much a shell company Dish "created" to get around the whole "we cant sell distants" issue they had
AAD "leased" a transponder from Dish

now the Dish can sell distants why have a middleman?
not a shell they sold distants to the C-Band folks for years and years

--- dish is going to sell the distant to all the suscribers? or only to the rv/truckers ones? i'm with AAD and will prefer to dish to bring me the channels directly ---
E* will be very strict about who gets distants. If E* provides locals from your DMA, you will not be qualified for distants. Remember, E* has a lot of scrutiny over it's distant offerings (the courts and the NAB) and won't do anything to jeopardize their ability to offer distants. AAD is a lot more lenient in qualifying customers for distants and is not under the same restraints as E*.

not a shell they sold distants to the C-Band folks for years and years

but Charlie stopped selling C-Band stuff years ago

I betcha the whole AAD was just a Dish "shell" company. NPS (who was also a C-Band dealer until this past year) was also a Dish retailer. So Charlie already had someone to go to. The whole AAD name, while was answered in Indiana (where NPS is located), was because Charlie sure as heck couldnt have his folks answer ;)

NPS did all the work...."AAD" was the company name used come tax time. Now NPS dropped C-Band and just sells Dish (along with that sobongo crap)

I called Dish and asked if I qualify for their Distant Locals package since I am a current AAD subscriber and they told me no, not unless I meet the RV requirements.

I called Dish and asked if I qualify for their Distant Locals package since I am a current AAD subscriber and they told me no, not unless I meet the RV requirements.

correct. Just because you receive stations from AAD doesnt automatically qualify you to Dish's distants. You need to have a RV or Semi and provide necessary documentation. To get AAD stations anyone can make up an address to qualify

--- i asked AAD if they have plans to bring the HD channels back, their answer was: If we had HD and Dish Network had HD would you still want it with us?, my answer is yes because i don't think dish will ever bring back the HD distant networks to any other markets than the RV - so, go to AAD and asked them to bring the HD networks back! ---

but Charlie stopped selling C-Band stuff years ago

I betcha the whole AAD was just a Dish "shell" company. NPS (who was also a C-Band dealer until this past year) was also a Dish retailer. So Charlie already had someone to go to. The whole AAD name, while was answered in Indiana (where NPS is located), was because Charlie sure as heck couldnt have his folks answer ;)

NPS did all the work...."AAD" was the company name used come tax time. Now NPS dropped C-Band and just sells Dish (along with that sobongo crap)

NPS (Matt) was able to leased transponders and uplink feeds of several popular C-band feeds that came unavailable when providers moved after from DCII equipment. NPS was a good company back in the day. They lasted longer than Turnervision and others. The ability to uplink and pay for transponder feeds created the deal (I believe).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)