110 & 119 rolled into 103 & 99 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outerub

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Michigan.
While searching for a 5 lnb Slimline Dish on e-bay I found this ....

"The 110 and 119 satellites have been rolled back into the 103 and 99 satellites for HIGH DEFINITION programming"

What does it mean ?

Thanks.

OUB. :)

Basically a year ago, HD streamed from 119 and some on 110. Now 99% of D* HD Offerings are on 103 with more to come on 99. I say 99% becuase there are still a couple channels in the 70's which come off teh 119 but are mirrored on the 103.

ATM 110/119 are used for some international such as Spanish and Chinese and some markets for locals. Eventually D* will use 110/119 for all international programming and phase out the 72.5 and 95 usage, allowing for single dish installs.

110/119 may also be used for some local markets, such as those on satellite 72.5 right now, or new markets. They haven't announced full details yet.

If your locals are in HD now, and you don't want any international packages, you'd be good with just 99/101/103, known as a slimline 3.

.... If your locals are in HD now, and you don't want any international packages, you'd be good with just 99/101/103, known as a slimline 3.

That's exactly what I needed to know. My buddy has SD DTV and wants to make the jump to HD. I wasn't sure if he needed the 5 or the 3.

Much obliged.

UB. :)

SD Locals & new SL3* dish?

110/119 may also be used for some local markets, such as those on satellite 72.5 right now, or new markets. They haven't announced full details yet.

If your locals are in HD now, and you don't want any international packages, you'd be good with just 99/101/103, known as a slimline 3.

I have a mix of SD DirecTivos and DTV Plus HD DVRs. I receive my locals in the Boston, MA DMA and I do not subscribe to international programming. Is this new 3 LNB dish appropriate for my set up - or would I lose some stations (if so - which ones)?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)