110/129 coming in on dish 1000 but not 119...

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I have a Dish 1000 and am trying to get the 3 sats that it gets. I can get 110 by itself and 129 by itself but can't find 119 at all and can't get them all at the same time. I live at 41102 zip code and put in all the right adjustments but I get nothing when trying to get all three. Which one should I try to get first and then work off of from there?

is there a tree in the horizion that might be in the way??? its weird that you could get 110 and 129 but not 119... if you can try relocating the dish and if that doesnt work it might be a bad LNBF.

There are some trees but I don't have any problems with my Directv signals on 119.

weird.... maybe its a bad lnbf. that all i can think or a bad cable or connection??? what type of setup are you using? is it a dpp twin with a dual for 129? what switches.??????? Rammy if you dont mind im going to split this into two threads so we can help you out with your problems..

Bad lnbf or switch depending on what he has, if there was a tree blocking the 119 its highly likely that the 129 would also be effected.

The setup I am running is this: Dish 1000 - DP Single to LNB in of DP Plus Twin, 1 cable out to receiver 811. If you need anymore info let me know.

Do I need some type of switch? All I am wanting is the HD content.

A switch is only necessary if you have more than 2 receivers or want more than 3 satellites. Have you tried covering the outer 2 LNBs with foil and seeing if you can pick anything at all up with the middle one? Sounds kinda like it's not functional.. :no

I have now gotten all three at one time or another. I can get 110 and 119 at the same time but still can't get 129 with them. I have moved this stupid thing a bunch with no success. Correct me if I am wrong but don't I want to go down in elevation the farther west I go looking for satellites. If I find 110 don't I want to go the right and move the dish down a bit to pick up 119 and so on to 129?

On 119 right now I am getting 110 signal, on 110 I am getting 85. Should I move the azmith, skew, or elevation.

Also when I look at the Dish from behind the sat LNbs are listed a 129, 119, 110 from right to left which is the opposite of what they would be in the sky. Is that from the curving of the dish?

That is because the dish is crosseyed. If you're behind the dish, 129 comes in from the right, bounces off the left half of the dish into the right lnb. 110 comes in from the left, bounces off the right half of the dish and into the left lnb.

What are you using to tune this dish? the signal strength meter on the receiver? If your mount is perfectly plumb and you set your elevation and skew as per directions for your zip code you should not need to adjust them, just azimuth. I'm assuming that dish is providing the proper settings for the dish 1000 according to zip code? I know in the past they are sometimes off a degree or 2 on elevation.

OK, I now have all three sats. I called a local installer today and he told me that it sounded like my receiver was confused so he told me to remove the 129 LNB and then try to find 119. I did that and peaked the signal on 119 and then did a check switch. After that I put the 129 LNB back on the dish and did another check switch and voila all three were there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)