11720 on G10r

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Is it just me, or is the signal on G10R 11720 V much better?

I fired up my reciever for the first time in about a month, and my signal is now at 62%! (from the 40-45% I was getting before) I have not done a single thing to my dish, and IA5 is still coming in nice and strong too.

I noticed it was up as well for me last night, but I attributed it to some dish tweaking I did yesterday afternoon. :confused:

What time of day are you measuring quality? There is a big difference for me between mornings and afternoons/evenings. In the mornings it is 15-30% (breaks badly often), at noon it is unwatchable, and later in the evenings stabilizes to 27-32% without breakups.

damn.. back down to 45-49..

beeb: sounds like you may have a thermal expansion problem? it shouldnt change that much unless the dish and mount is altering shape/angle depending on its temperature.. even the slightest change in angle or shape will be enough to change your signal, but it shouldnt change that much naturally.

My signal is usually a good 45-50 at any point in the day.. that 60+ was at any point that I checked 2 days ago..

EDIT: wow.. have I had 700 posts already? Damn...

ultatryon said:
beeb: sounds like you may have a thermal expansion problem? it shouldnt change that much unless the dish and mount is altering shape/angle depending on its temperature.. even the slightest change in angle or shape will be enough to change your signal, but it shouldnt change that much naturally.

Thermal expansion is not a possibility. It's happening on days when the mornings are colder or warmer than the evenings, with or without sunshine, etc. The other G10R tps are down about 10% too in the mornings, but since they are usually stronger than 11720 (the 12114 tp is 99% in the evening), it doesn't affect reception. No other sats are affected by this. My only guess is that this is due to the satellite wobbling, and it affects me most because I am in the periphery of its coverage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)