Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
International Services Moving to 118.7 Orbital Slot
DISH Network will begin broadcasting the following International languages from the 118.7 orbital location. This new orbital location will be viewed with a DISH 500+ (which also includes 110/119) or with a DISH 1000+ (including 110/119/129). Look for complete details on these new products this week at Team Summit & the 6/14 Retailer Chat.

Beginning on June 20th, all equipment reimbursements will be paid on 118.7 installations only. The new 118.7 Dish installation kits will be available for purchase beginning on or about June 15th. Please manage your current 121 SuperDISH inventory accordingly to ensure that you do not have excess inventory.

All languages not listed below, are currently and permanently available from either the 148 or 61.5 orbital locations.

International languages moving to 118.7 orbital location:

* South Asian – Kannada
* South Asian – Bangla
* South Asian – Malayalam
* South Asian – Telugu
* French
* African
* Armenian
* Filipino
* German
* Chinese
* Korean

But what does this really mean?

"Some languages moving to 118.7; all other will remain on 61.5/148, manage your 121 inventory accordingly," gives the impression that 121 will not be broadcasting for very long, and/or no new customers to that location.

Not a problem, but I still have questions.

1. Are there upgrade kits, particularly to convert a SuperDish 121 to a Dish 1000+?
Previously mentioned was "DishPro 1000+ Repoint Kit." Any part number and/or price?

2. Will the Korean programs leave 121?

3. Any prices & part numbers on other kits, or new dishes?

I'm in Denver with, HD-Silver, Locals, and Korean Variety Pack. The SD-121 works great except for I only get 4 of the 6 Korean channels, unless I disconnet the 121 and replace it with a 61.5/148 on the side.

Also, I have a DP Dual LNBF taped to the side of the cluster to pickup 129, which works great for HD & Denver

Last edited:
Thanks.

Number 1 was a double question, but I guess the second part, "Any part number and/or price" is also a "Not Yet.

If you get them will you post them here?

And thanks again.

Why prioritize moving existing internationals over adding the new HD locals on 118.7?

I currently have my Dish account "on vacation" because I bought a SD 121 off Ebay, but it had a heat-sensitive LNB.

The seller said he would RA the LNB for me, so I sent it back to him. I called and had my Dish account put on seasonal downgrade until I get this issue resolved.

Does this mean that I might not be able to get the German channels back next week?

boy i'm glad i stopped in at satelliteguys.us and did a search for german! I'm moving in to my new apartment this tuesday and have a new install scheduled for June 22, AM. the rep said it'd be a superdish. i'm gonna call them right now. This is for ProsiebenSat1.welt ofcourse. anyway, thank u satelliteguys.us.

miguelaqui said:
Does this mean that I might not be able to get the German channels back next week?
German channels are still be received here with a Superdish121 -as they always have been. i'm on hold with Dishnetwork right now to see what the CS will say.

cleve_dnsc_tech said:
SWEET MONEY this is gonna be tons of upgrades for me!!!! :)

It's going to be a long while before Dish stops mirroring the 118 on the 121. Not to mention I would rather get superdish pay instead of the lousy dish 500 pay for a 3 LNB dish. :mad: Bad enough most places pay the same for a dish 1000 that they do for a dish 500. Definately hurt the Columbus, OH installers who were used to the SD105. One of the big reasons why I relocated to NE Ohio.

I have the filipino pack. I have a Superdish and dish 500. Does somebody have to come over and re-align the dish. I know this is a dumb question. I donno how it works.

Also, My 119 signal is giving me problems and i'm in orange county, cali. Is it because of all the signals/satelites moving?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

From Scott's original 500+/1000+ information thread:

Scott Greczkowski said:
For those of you with a 121 SuperDISH you will be able to turn it into a Dish 500+ or Dish 1000+ by using a special DP 500+ Re-Point Kit (and for a Dish 1000+ they would need the Dish 1000+ bracket and Dish Pro Dual or Single LNB.

To upgrade your 121 SuperDISH you need to remove the existing LNB assembly and shoud and attach the DP 500+ or DP 1000+ LNB Assembly. You would use the same peeking angles as you would for the Dish 500+ or the Dish 1000+.

Just curious, but it says " All languages not listed below, are currently and permanently available from either the 148 or 61.5 orbital locations. " I noticed that the Italian channels are not in the list here, but the DISH Network website only shows them at 121 right now (with the exception of RAI).

According to this, if they were going to be at 148, they should already be there. Maybe the DISH site hasn't been updated, but I've been waiting for this to be resolved so that I could take the plunge and get DISH installed (didn't want to get a SuperDISH and swap it out a month later). Does anyone know what is happening with those channels?

I'm presently using a DISH 500 outfitted with two DISHPro singles, and a .9 meter with a stacked FSS LNB for 121 to meet the foreign language needs of a university that teaches about a dozen languages. I presently amplify each of the three downleads before feeding them into 8-way splitters, which are used to source six DP34s. I did it this way because it is easy to troubleshoot and readily expanadable. It looks like I likely will have to add a 118.7 stacked FSS dish, and install DP21s for the receivers that need any programming unique to that slot, but eventually, I guess the 118.7 source will become the third input to my DP34s, with DP21s being used to kludge in any uniquely available signals as may be needed in the future.

I can get this customer to pay for these "upgrades" and modifications, but the uncertainties regarding the future use of both DISH and DirecTV multiple satellite slots has absolutely hamstrung my efforts to sell any Homeowner's Association a rather costly and non-essential satellite trunkline system since I can't guaranty them that anything I sell them will meet their needs even a year from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts