119 and 129 on dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I went out to a service call the other day, a customer had done his own dishmover and couldnt get the 110 but he got the 119 and the 129 on a dish 500. The dish was elevated at 26 and the skew was 119 and 129 showed up nice and clear for signal on 2 dual legacy lnbfs and a legacy sw21 switch.

did the receiver say that ni the check switch?

I did it once with a Legacy Twin/dual combined with a SW21 (110,119,129) and it would acknowledge it but not show it in check switch

1-110 even
1-110 odd
1-119 even
1-119 odd
2-x
2-x

I had a legacy quad pointed at 110/119, ran into a sw21 to combine with a d300 pointed at 129. My 6000 picked up all three in the usual sw21 - 3sat mode.

I seem to remember reading somewhere many of the legacy boxes dont have support for 129 yet.

Has anyone tried to get all 3 on a d500 yet? You would have to craft a custom lnb arm to get the 119 lnb in the middle with the 110 and 129 taped to the sides.

I thought the spacing of the lnbf's on a Dish 500 wouldn't allow 129 to come in since it is 10 degrees apart compared to 9 degrees apart that 110 and 119 is.

Stargazr, while that is true, they were also legacy LNB*s*, which (judging by pictures I've seen of dish 500s with 2 legacy LNBs) are ever so slightly tweakable. It wouldn't be a surprise if you could get 119 and 129 with a DP twin, but it's most definitely possible with 2 singles.

yep his check switch showed it if memory serves me correctly today, mind gets a bit fuzzy after working 46 hours in 3 days.

Links right, if you have dual/single lnbfs they do allow for some creative spacing, you can get one bird on two lnbfs by squeezing them together with duct tape or zip ties and some careful tuning though the signal will be lower but it works.

Iceberg said:
did the receiver say that ni the check switch?

I did it once with a Legacy Twin/dual combined with a SW21 (110,119,129) and it would acknowledge it but not show it in check switch

1-110 even
1-110 odd
1-119 even
1-119 odd
2-x
2-x

How long ago did you do it this way? It may have shown like that due to no software available yet. Ive done fresh installs where the 129 shows up in the checkswitch before the software download, this customers reciever was a 510 dvr.

Well, what I WAS going to do was mount the DPP-Twin half-off the mount (119 side of LNB on the 110 side of the mount), and the Single/Dual on the 119 side of the mount. Would probably need some wire ties or the like to hold it together.

Of course, now that I've got a Dish1000 sitting here waiting to be installed for a customer, and another one arriving in a couple of days, there's just no point in screwing with it any more (for me - you guys feel free to continue - it's all good!).

Anyway, whether you can get 119/129 on a Twin with good signal will depend on your location. I forget which way it goes, but farther north (south) separates the focal center, and the other way brings them together. There was a thread about it some months ago.

dfergie said:
Or take the lnbs off a Phase III D* dish and fabricate the same...

The pan would work, but not the LNB itself, D* uses "legacy" LNB's, and they actually combine the 110 and 119 signals (different transponders) so the switch only sees the equivalent of 2 orbital slots.

Van said:
How long ago did you do it this way? It may have shown like that due to no software available yet. Ive done fresh installs where the 129 shows up in the checkswitch before the software download, this customers reciever was a 510 dvr.

in the post link below, 8/8 :)

Stargazer said:
Have you noticed much difference in picture quality due to the compression?

my locals (Duluth, MN) are actually spead across 3 TP's :)
2,8 & 10...they put 6 channels on 3 TP's to fill up the spotbeams

3 are on Tp8 and there really isnt much of a difference. The Minneapolis ones arent that bad either :)

What would the difference in skew and elevation settings be for a Dish500 using 119 and 129 compared to what it would be to get 110 and 119?

depends on what part of US you are in :)

it probably needs to be a couple degrees off...I cant get to the actual link, but on www.sadoun.com there is an install calculator. Put in 124 for the satellite and that will give you the elevation, skew and azimuth :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)