119 but no 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
I am totally new at this, the verbal “newbie”. I am a full time RV’er and got my service in September. I have the dish 500 and the DVR 625. I have successfully setup my dish in IN, MO and OK. We are now in El Paso, TX. I don’t care what I try I can get a 97 on 119 but nothing on 110. When doing the switch test it shows 119 and 129.

What should I change to get 110?

Azimuth: 184, Elevation: 52 and Skew 103.

I use a winguard satellite finder in line with the receiver and have also tried using it with a 15V power supply and no receiver.

Boy am I lost on this one.

Your dish is aimed a little too far to the right. The 110 LNB is getting 119 and the 119 LNB is getting 129. Move just to the left, adjust the elevation accordingly and you should be okay.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

Tony

Thanks a lot for the replies, I will give it a try this morning. I have always tried to peek the winguard satellite finder, I did not realize I could be peaking the wrong sat. We learn as we go...........at least I hope so!

Tim Pinckard
timandpegrv.com

well I hooked up my sat finder and a 15VDC supply and moved the dish to the left, I got a dip and then it started peeking again, continued left untill it was peeked. Reconnected the receiver and both 110 and 119 were around 65. I might try playing with the elevation to see if I can peek the signal any more.

Thanks again to all, I don't know if I would have gotten it with out your advice.

Tim Pinckard
www.timandpegrv.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)