119 Channels - Fine on Tuner 2, Freezing on Tuner 1

kelton325

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Circleville, OH
Here's my issue on a 622 w/ a Dish 500:

The video & audio on channels on 119 are digitizing and freezing up completely. 110 & 129 channels are fine. Check switch shows fine. Point dish does not show any issues with signal (even or odd transponders), although some transponders will drop completely out then come right back up (read on - it's not a tree thing). Searching for Satellite screen seems to take longer than normal upon start up. Tried unplugging all inputs, running check switch to kind of clear things out (I've read that tip on here), but still the same behavior.

Here's where I really get confused... This only was happening on Tuner 1 - if I did a PIP, swapped, and then went to one of the bad channels while on Tuner 2, it works fine - no freezing or digitizing.

Next, I tried swapping the inputs coming from the DPP Separator - I put the "Sat 1" output from the Separator into the "Sat 2" jack on the 622, and "Sat 2" output to "Sat 1" input on the 622. With this configuration, the 119 channels work fine on Tuner 1, but when I do a PIP, Swap to Tuner 2, go to one of the bad channels, it freezes - the exact opposite behavior.

My initial theory was a tree was blocking 119, but that was ruled out by the work around. My 2nd Theory was a bad LNB, but if that was it, I don't think my work around would work. I'm wondering if it's really the Separator, since the eratic behavior seems to follow wherever I plug the "Sat 1" jack from it.

Thoughts? Thanks much in advance!

My guess is bad seperator. Take it out of the loop. Run input cable first to tuner 1; run check switch. Then move cable input to tuner 2. Run check switch again. This should confirm whether or not it is the seperator.

I'm a dish network intaller,

I ran into a situation like this on a 625 once.. good picture and sound on the TV1 side though.. and loss of video on #2. Easy fix.. must be the diplexers or the seperator, replaced all 3 peices.. same problems happened.. hrmmm... cable? Replaced all the coax to the tv2 side. Same problem, what could it be? Fine on #1.. bad on 2. Called dish, they had me swap out rcvr w/ new. Working fine for about 10 mins.. then boom! Again!... I had to replace the LNB.... no problems after that. Explain that one!.. so this shows it could be anything and maybe things that it shouldnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)