119 lost signal help

donnybr

Original poster
Nov 15, 2004
Problem On 119 loosing lock I have two units one 510 and one 301 on a dish 500 with the dual dish pro lnb. It seems like the biggest problem is with any channels on transponder 16 although have had simular problems on 14. These channels will not stay locked in on either receiver, but when I turn on the second unit channels lock in and stay locked. This is a consistent problem, if i turn off one of the units some times i loose the lock within a few seconds and at times stays on for several hours as soon as i turn on the second unit channel locks in and will stay locked as long as both receivers are on. Any help here would be appreciated . I suspect the lnb but would like to know if anyone has had this problem . Oh there are no external swithes.

First thing we need to know is the signal strengths you're getting.

Start by telling us at least what's on transponders 11 & 12 on both 110 & 119. I suggest you repeat this for both receivers, when both are on, and when only one is on.

My gut is telling me you've got corrosion somewhere in the feeds and it's causing a voltage drop leading to insufficient juice to power the LNB unless it's getting some power from both receivers. How long are the cable runs?

Well did the suggested test . On the 510 found transponder 12 at a signal level of 39 when i turned on the 301 it jumped to 103 so started to check cable connections as your gut told you sure enough found a connecter that was put on off set were the center wire was shorting to the shield it was obvious as you could see it was all black put on new connector every thing ok. This unit was just installed about 3 wks Ago by dish tech guess he didn't check his work he was in a big rush when he got here so i guess that tells the story Thanks for the help saved me a lot of headaches. I will put this one in my memory bank LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)