119 screwed up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
RUN!

The sky is falling!

Just because some folks want it to be so. Exciting, no? Not if you have a life. Getting old, folks. Nothing to see here, move along.

What I can't figure out is you are saying the problem sat is 119. I was watching TNT this morning,and it was breaking up.I checked and it was the HD 0n 110.I went to the SD on 119 and it was not breaking up.This doesn't bother me though as come jan 5, I will be a Direct convert,unless dish puts the rest of my locals in HD and fixes the screwups on my billing!

"Why does everyone assume the worst when it comes to Dish?"

Dish Network has earned that reputation and believe they have worked hard to earn it. ;)

The history of power related problems with the A2100 satellite power buss makes 7 a big fat suspect. :(
Sat ND | Failures

Within the SES fleet we operate nine Lockheed Martin A2100 satellites which have experienced varying degrees of power loss in some of their solar array circuits. To date, the power loss has caused a minor reduction in available commercial capacity in two of these nine satellites (AMC-4 and AMC-16). AMC-4 C-band customers have been transferred to AMC-2, which has been co-located with AMC-4 at the 101 degrees West orbital position. The AMC-16 satellite capacity reduction resulted in an adjustment to the monthly revenue payments by the customer.

Together with Lockheed Martin, we have undertaken an extensive assessment of the potential impact of solar array circuit anomalies across the fleet. There is some potential for future additional degradation, although the likelihood of this is difficult to estimate. SES has in-orbit backup capacity for certain of these satellites. If the observed solar array circuit degradation continues at historical rates, over time we may need to switch off additional payload on affected satellites or advance the procurement of replacement satellites. Contingency plans are in place such that the impact on SES group revenues and replacement capital expenditure requirements is anticipated to be marginal. Our existing in-orbit insurance policy provides coverage based on the net book value of our satellites. The policy includes a deductible that may limit any proceeds from future insurance claims related to such anomalies. Current and future financial guidance will incorporate any development relating to the SES fleet health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)