12' Dark Star =disassembled-free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I took the big 12' down today , its in stacks now. Anybody around N Ala want it, Pm me and I'll give you directions lol. Prob need a full-size pickup to load it in. In good shape, covered in pollen of course, and its huge (great for those really small satellites lol)
It is NOT KU-capable, the holes in the mesh are almost big enough to drop a pencil through. Well it might but I didn't think it would work so I never tried a corotor on it.
The pole started dropping west because of the dry ground last summer and I don't really need it any more -if anybody wants to use it for c=band analog and digital. It was fun to be able to get a signal reading of 100 on every scrambled VC channel for awhile.
Took only 2hrs or so to take apart, 2 days to put it up ,haha (no help)
charles

I'll look, I might have one before I took it down. If you don't remember the old dark star antennas they were mesh with hard plastic ribs. Not the strongest design but worked pretty well for c-band. I'm about 30m n of Bham.

12 dark star

George>couldn't find a pic of that thing, but seems I spoke too quick. I need the mount for another dark star (8.5footer) that I am going to replace that big one with.
I somehow wound up with parts for both dishes but only one mounting ring/polar mount. Sorry but I guess I have to withdraw my offer until I see if this smaller dish is going to work. Of course if you have the mounting ring already or just need some panels or parts I would def part with any of that stuff.
charles

thats fine.... i would like if you could take a photo of one of the panels maybe sometime . no hurry or anything. i don't think i would want it but its good information and i don't know if i've ever seen one ( a Dark Star) although a 12' dish sound interesting lol lol Is the mount simular to others ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts