Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Could anyone give me any info with this BSC 612
am in Ohio
I have installed the 621 on a 12 foot Janeil
I have the Clarkbelt set as I did it with a squack box and hooked up my receivers useing old Blackbird a Star sat and pansat and every one is giving me signals from 82% up to 100% which Is Rare but got a good signal all thru the belt
The problem is The quality signal is all over the place from 44 to 97 and just keeps jumping:confused: and i am only picking up KU Band freq not grabbing any C band according to the receivers and meters even using a sf3000 e signal strong quailty is not there

Do I have a Bad LNB as I just cant figure this out
I have installed BUDS since the early 80s and experimented while in the USN with Microwaves in the late 70s , but due to Brain Surgery and other problems i have got rusty over the years.:(

But still I havent forgotten everything ( I Hope):confused:
I am picking up a good signal as the dish moves but just cant get the quality
I have tried adjusting the focal point the skew and I will lose the signal at times when doing so so I think my set up is good, but I just cant get the quality to lock on and again Its all KU Band Freq , which I dont understand as I would think I would get signal on C Band Freq but Im not and im not able to lock on the quailty no matter what i do
this is a 5 day attempt and still nothing

Thanks

welcome to the group

depends on how you have the bsc621 hooked up

are you using one coax and the jumper coax ?
or are you using 2 seperate coaxes ?

one coax using only the jumper
would splitting help?
Thanks

you have to use the 22khz control in your receiver's menu.
I think the 22khz is "ON" for Ku and "OFF" for C-band.

Your C-band LNB LO frequency is 5150
Your Ku band LNB LO frequency is 10750.

That should get you going.

Focal distance is real touchy on that unit. I had one and could peak ku band and not get c-band and vice versa. It is a compromise. KU never worked well on my BSC 621.

My dish is perfectly tuned. MY corotor II works great on KU.

try getting a c-band sat first then work on KU.

Signal Strength just shows that there is Power to the LNB, Quality is what counts.
How did you figure the f/d setting and skew?
Here is a helpfull link...
The DMS  BSC621
Take note of how his is skewed.

Usually c-band is the easier one to hit (which you know) and KU requires a lot more accuracy but in this case your getting KU and no c-band , so it would either be bad unit, wrong 22k switching set in the DVB setup , incorrect LO set for c-band

so basically it probably a bad unit since you got a good knowledge of setup for a big dish & are getting KU signals.

one thing to note and i don't know if everyone does this (i do cause i find it easier to switch between satellites and c-band & ku ) is i set up 2 satellites for most of them and set one for KU with the LO of 10.750 and set up the other for c-band with the LO of 5150 so it would look like this :

72 AMC6 C-band
72 AMC6 KU
74 H2 KU
79 AMC5 KU
83 AMC9 KU
85 AMC16 KU
87 AMC3 C-band
87 AMC3 KU
89 G28 C-band
89 G28 KU
91 G11 C-band
91 G11 KU
93 G26 C-band
93 G26 KU
95 G3 C-band
95 G3 KU
97 G25 C-band
97 G25 KU
99 G16 C-band
99 G16 KU
101 AMC4 C-band
101 AMC4 KU
103 AMC1 C-band
103 AMC1 KU
105 AMC15
121 G23 C-band
123 G10 C-band
123 G10 KU
125 G14 C-band
127 G13/H1 C-band
129 G27 C-band
129 G27 KU
131 AMC11 C-band
133 G15 C-band
135 AMC10 C-band
137 AMC7 C-band
139 AMC8 C-band

this is about what my list looks like so i don't have to go in each time and switch LO's and Diesqc port #'s

i do have two seperate coaxes run and they goto a diesqc switch then to the v-box and then receiver. so i bypass the internal switch .

since you are getting KU signals park the dish on a known satellite you are getting KU signals from ( and it has c-band signals ) and swap the cables on the rcv & lnb (c-band ) and see if that works. if the c-band lnb is working it should send signals ( but maybe no KU signals then)

Signal Strength just shows that there is Power to the LNB, Quality is what counts.
How did you figure the f/d setting and skew?
Here is a helpfull link...
The DMS* BSC621
Take note of how his is skewed.
Thanks, I do appreciate your reply
Quailty does count agree 100%
Signal does not show there is power to lnb Signal shows that that there is a beam that is close or interference at times will cause signal gain
In connection with a meter showing signal strength at one point and to move the dish a click or so will lose the signal This by no means that one has lost power to the lnb it shows you have gone between beams
Agree with Skew Its a piece of the puzzle as with quality and Signal strength
Voltage reading will tell if there is power to lnb
Thanks again
all is appreciated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)