12 Monkeys on SyFy

I'm saving the last episode to watch again next year before the show returns. It was definitely a great finale and made me want to watch even more next year.

It is interesting that "history" appeared to jump the rails when the mystery woman (striking woman on imdb credit list), was describing that Ramse was not the witness and he was dead when we saw Cole go rescue him, her saying Cassandra was going to go about her business but went forward in time, etc.

Questions for next season:

1. Is the past changeable?
2. Will Cole travel forward so he can start travelling back?
3. Will Cassandra contract the plague in the future? Or is the base sanitary (We have seen them go through an UV treatment when returning from outside, but of course the invaders did not).
4. It looks like all they have to do is "crash a jet" to save the world.... Send an incendiary bomb back to the plane that Jennifer was taking off in with the 12 suitcases...

They definitely have a lot possible plots already lined up!

I'm confused about the babies and the blue people in the future. I know that they grow up to be the blue people ,but are they immune to the virus and that is why they are blue? I get the part with the suitcases and Jennifer spreading the virus to 12 different cities around the world-like the movie version. My big confusion is the striking woman who is pushing all this in the first place. Is she from the future and knows what will happen , or is she trying to make it happen because she is bat sh*t crazy ?

I'm confused about the babies and the blue people in the future. I know that they grow up to be the blue people ,but are they immune to the virus and that is why they are blue? I get the part with the suitcases and Jennifer spreading the virus to 12 different cities around the world-like the movie version. My big confusion is the striking woman who is pushing all this in the first place. Is she from the future and knows what will happen , or is she trying to make it happen because she is bat sh*t crazy ?

Maybe she is Cole's and Cassie's daughter?

I've always thought the Striking Woman was from the future since she didn't seem to age from the time she saw Ramse in prison in 1987 to 2015, and we now know for certain people who splinter don't age the same way.

I had speculated in another forum that she could be Cole's mother, but I like the idea that she could be Cole and Cassie's daughter. And then there's a very remote possibility she's Dr. Jones's daughter and didn't really die in the plague as Dr. Jones believes.

Since we know someone like Ramse was willing to sacrifice 7 billion people to be with his son, and Cassie's boyfriend was willing to sacrifice 7 billion people to protect Cassie, the Striking Woman's motivation and ultimate end game could be equally selfish and narrowly focused. We still don't have any idea.

Personally I like it when they drag out mysteries. If the show progresses too fast they tend to have to invent new silly mysteries to come up with new plots. It seems that the ones a show starts with are usually the best thought out and keeping them going in the show is better.

I am sure the writers have a board of all the major characters and how they are all related to each other, and what important details we know about each of them and what they plan reveal.

I'm a couple episodes behind, probably do a catch up this coming weekend.
In the meantime, Dark Matter and Killjoys returns this Friday, looking forward to that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I read about the show they could go on for a few more years if they want to. I still can't wrap my head around the Jennifer plot in this last episode. If she died in 2044 , how does taking her younger version out of 2016 to 2044 work? Wouldn't that in itself create a paradox? Unless she goes back to 2016 after she finishes her mission in the future? Still loving this show and the new mythology created in this season.:yes

That episode this week was a little hard to understand but I take it that next weeks will undo some of the " deaths" we saw in this one. Unless they are killing off all future people and Jennifer in 2044 and just focusing on Cole and Cassie in 1959.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

That episode this week was a little hard to understand but I take it that next weeks will undo some of the " deaths" we saw in this one.

I suspect your right. I would like a bit of an explanation though. I imagine they leave a few things up in the air for the next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts