12' Paraclipse C band dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kawal

Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Sequim/WA/USA
I am new to this forum and a former C band satellite enthusiast. But I now have Dishnet and I'm wondering if there is any value to my 12' Paraclipse dish antenna. It has the horizon to horizon mount and is in great condition, but I can't use it anymore.

If these dishes are still of use to others, could someone please direct me to a forum area where I might post this?

Thank you,

Ray
Sequim, WA

Last edited:
yes a 12' dish with a H2H mount would be nice but most of the expense of transporting makes hunting locally more economical. where ya located . you could post it in the local free paper here its called the "thrifty nickel"

good luck on finding a new home for it. :)

with a FTA receiver your BUD will be reborn with new programming...

i would agree and with a 4dtv receiver opens up the door too

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!:wave To put in our classifieds you need to be a pub member, but check out our FTA section as with a FTA receiver your BUD will be reborn with new programming...

Wow! I'm definitely a newbie! Sorry, but what is "FTA" and "BUD"?

You seem to be saying that maybe there is a use for my dish besides C band TV?

I'm in the Northwest, by the way - out on the Olympic Peninsula, west of Seattle.

Thank you.

You seem to be saying that maybe there is a use for my dish besides C band TV?

What type of programming are you interested in? you do know that 85% of the channels on dish network originate from the main C-band distribution feed.

You may want to look into 4dtv and dvb (fta) if your dish is C-band only upgrading to c/ku is well worth the investment, great programming deals on 4dtv and the picture and sound blow away the pizza dish plus you can watch tv when it's raining with c-band :)

Here are the two best programming suppliers for 4dtv:
Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming
NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band

What type of programming are you interested in? you do know that 85% of the channels on dish network originate from the main C-band distribution feed.

You may want to look into 4dtv and dvb (fta) if your dish is C-band only upgrading to c/ku is well worth the investment, great programming deals on 4dtv and the picture and sound blow away the pizza dish plus you can watch tv when it's raining with c-band :)

Here are the two best programming suppliers for 4dtv:
Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming
NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band

I now have TV from Dish Network using three different small dishes to pick up 4 satellites, because my main interest is High Definition programming - which takes three satellites to get all of the channels available in HD. The service has been pretty good, but I pay around $90/ mo. to get all of the HD channels available.

If you get the premium movie channels, you mite want to get a 4dtv, and cut them off dish and get them on 4dtv, it may be cheaper, and the picture quality on the 4dtv HD channels are better than they are on Dish, plus you will get lots more SD channels on the 4dtv that look way better than the SD on Dish.

One thing though for 4dtv HD you will need the HDD 200, on 4dtv you can get HBO e/w HD, Showtime w HD, Starz e/w HD, Discovery HD and Wealth TV HD, PBS HD is free.

Also with the big dish you can add a dvb HD receiver for even better picture quality and many free SD and a few HD channels, most are feeds though, for this you may want to wait another 2-3 months to see what new HD dvb receivers hit the market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)