125.0W NOT on European Default List / Need More Info re Inst of New 46 Sat List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Finally succeeded in Moving 3 Sat files from Disk 2 on AZbox to my Computer re Radar's great detailed advice for backup purposes. Yesterday I discovered that the Default 125 Sat European List does NOT even include AMC-21 / 125.0W, so incorporating a new Modified North American List is a MUST. I have FileZilla up and working & I would very much appreciate assistance on 2 Areas:

1) Do the 2 new Sat files - in my case for 46 Satellites get moved onto Disk 2 of the AZbox? What is the detailed procedure for running the Transfer from Destop to AZbox? That is how do you Transfer from LOCAL SITE on my PC over to DISK2 Folder on AZbox?

2) How do you INCORPORATE the new 46 Sat List to make it work? I have read you have to MANUALLY DELETE ALL but ONE Satellite on the old 125 Satellite European List and then Start moving or installing Sats from the new List which in my case would be 97.0W as the first new Sat. Then reboot and delete the last old European Sat, and start installing all the rest of the Sats off the new list?

What is very difficult to understand is how the heck you can have 2 Satellite LISTS on Disk 2 running at the Same time and how do you delete Sats off the European list while having the new 46 Satellite List there as well!! How do you access or sort out the 2 Sat Lists? This is very difficult to understand for us not totally computer savy people, so any help would be much appreciated.

Ok here is the low down:

first read the 1st post in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/230974-how-north-americanize-your-azbox.html

now the basics:
Instead of deleting each satellite I figured I wanted 100 sats.

Even though I did this in reverse, my suggestion is this:
go to 5*w and work your way to 139*W.
If I had to rename them and also the degree and all the sat info I did this by using Azbox Edit. I also have a seperate satellite for each c/ku bird up there that is why I wanted 100 sats in my list. It takes over an hour to do this correctly. I did not use my remote, you will see why in the link I posted above.
Forget about trying to do this with your remote right now.
One thing that I was not aware of at the time I posted that 1st message on the other thread was that there is a problem at 169.1*E satellite. It has no transponders in it and this is messing things up on both the azbox & the Azbox editor program if you just try deleting satellites right off.

If you want an easier way, I can e-mail you a clean satellite list, it has the 3 files which you need to save to your pc. The time spent to do most of the work is already done, all you will need to do is to use the "TOOLBOX AZBOX HD" program which has the ACC Control program in it to send the file to your azbox. Then delete your channel list after you send it to your azbox and then scan in 1 channel to the azbox.
Now you can if you want: use Maz to download this new list from your azbox to your pc and then send it back to the azbox using the acc program.
This will ensure that your backup disk on the azbox now has this list of satellites in it and this is now your starting point if the receiver gets corrupted again.

If there is interest in this then......
If any of the mods read this I am willing to send them the file so they can post it to this web site if they wish and have it here for anyone else to try so it saves everyone a bunch of time.

However; if you send the file back to your azbox using any other program but ACC "AzBox Control Center" I can almost guarantee at one point in time your going to have the same issue as before since your back-up on your azbox has an old list in there.

My list also has the correct names for 91*W and 99*W along with a couple of spare sats marked spare.

You will have to make the proper satellite settings on each sat for your set-up. I use a 4x1 switch so I do have the DiSEqC settings already made on my list... (I think so anyway).

Last edited:
Ok here is the low down:

first read the 1st post in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/230974-how-north-americanize-your-azbox.html

now the basics:
Instead of deleting each satellite I figured I wanted 100 sats.

Even though I did this in reverse, my suggestion is this:
go to 5*w and work your way to 139*W.
If I had to rename them and also the degree and all the sat info I did this by using Azbox Edit. I also have a seperate satellite for each c/ku bird up there that is why I wanted 100 sats in my list. It takes over an hour to do this correctly. I did not use my remote, you will see why in the link I posted above.
Forget about trying to do this with your remote right now.
One thing that I was not aware of at the time I posted that 1st message on the other thread was that there is a problem at 169.1*E satellite. It has no transponders in it and this is messing things up on both the azbox & the Azbox editor program if you just try deleting satellites right off.

If you want an easier way, I can e-mail you a clean satellite list, it has the 3 files which you need to save to your pc. The time spent to do most of the work is already done, all you will need to do is to use the "TOOLBOX AZBOX HD" program which has the ACC Control program in it to send the file to your azbox. Then delete your channel list after you send it to your azbox and then scan in 1 channel to the azbox.
Now you can if you want: use Maz to download this new list from your azbox to your pc and then send it back to the azbox using the acc program.
This will ensure that your backup disk on the azbox now has this list of satellites in it and this is now your starting point if the receiver gets corrupted again.

If there is interest in this then......
If any of the mods read this I am willing to send them the file so they can post it to this web site if they wish and have it here for anyone else to try so it saves everyone a bunch of time.

However; if you send the file back to your azbox using any other program but ACC "AzBox Control Center" I can almost guarantee at one point in time your going to have the same issue as before since your back-up on your azbox has an old list in there.

My list also has the correct names for 91*W and 99*W along with a couple of spare sats marked spare.

You will have to make the proper satellite settings on each sat for your set-up. I use a 4x1 switch so I do have the DiSEqC settings already made on my list... (I think so anyway).

Stargaze thanks for your reply .....but Oh my gosh 3 new programs to have to learn! I am currently using FileZilla and was referring to a reply I got from Radar in the Post "How to locate & View Disk 1 and Disk 2 Folders". There was a Step by Step procedure he described on how to go from AZbox to PC and save and Backup the 3 files: All_Channel. Antenna_list & DVBS, to my PC. After a week of trying I was finally succesful. Now I just want to use FileZilla again to Transfer my 2 Customized files with 46 Sats: Antenna_List, and DVBS from my PC over to AZbox to Disk 2?? Maybe I can try to reverse engineer Radar's comments. Here is what I know so far from Radar's instructions to go from Azbox to PC:

Open the FileZilla application, connect to your AZBox using your AZBox IP address as HOST, use root as the USERNAME, azbox as the password and 21 as the FTP PORT.

In the panel to the right that is named "REMOTE SITE" (thats your AZBox), left click on the file folder with the "?" and it will open the directories so that you can view the DISK1 and DISK2 folders and others.

Left click on the DISK2 folder and in the panel below named "FILENAME" you will be able to see your all_channel.dat, antenna_list.dat and DVBS.dat files, among others.

On FileZilla's left panel named "LOCAL SITE" (this is your PC) select the directory where you want to install the three files. In the "FILENAME" panel below that, select and open the precise file you want to place them in.

CTRL + left click on the files you want to backup so that they are highlighted in the "FILENAME" panel below the "REMOTE SITE". Then right click to open a menu and find "add files to queue". The files and their destination will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. You may transfer multiple files this way. If you prefer, you can just select each file, one at a time, and transfer them individually.

Now, click on the toolbar "TRANSFER" and select "PROCESS QUEUE". The files will be transferred directly.

That's it. Now you have the three files saved on your PC for backup. To restore these files, the process is virtually the same, in reverse order - move them from your PC to the AZBox in the same manner. Open the FileZilla application, connect to your AZBox using your AZBox IP address as HOST, use root as the USERNAME, azbox as the password and 21 as the FTP PORT.

In the panel to the right that is named "REMOTE SITE" (thats your AZBox), left click on the file folder with the "?" and it will open the directories so that you can view the DISK1 and DISK2 folders and others.

Left click on the DISK2 folder and in the panel below named "FILENAME" you will be able to see your all_channel.dat, antenna_list.dat and DVBS.dat files, among others.

On FileZilla's left panel named "LOCAL SITE" (this is your PC) select the directory where you want to install the three files. In the "FILENAME" panel below that, select and open the precise file you want to place them in.

CTRL + left click on the files you want to backup so that they are highlighted in the "FILENAME" panel below the "REMOTE SITE". Then right click to open a menu and find "add files to queue". The files and their destination will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. You may transfer multiple files this way. If you prefer, you can just select each file, one at a time, and transfer them individually.

Now, click on the toolbar "TRANSFER" and select "PROCESS QUEUE". The files will be transferred directly.

All I want to do here is go from PC to AZbox using FileZilla with 2 files, - Antenna_List & DVBS. Then I guess I will have 2 Sat lists on AZbox Disk 2 and I will need to delete the old one down to one Satellite and somehow start installing the New List? Thanks.

Last edited:
It's a lot simpler then it appears if your only trying to go to the pcto the azbox and wanting to write to the backup directory in the azbox as well.

One program contains everything you need (toolboz azbox hd).
writing to the backup is automatic using acc built into that program.
No more trying to figure out how to ftp them back in separately.

Thanks for your reply Stargaze. Where do us AZbox beginners get all this new info on those 3 New Programs we now need: ie Maz3, AZBox EDIT, and AZBox CONTROL Center Ver 1.1 and how do they get installed?

Also is ALL the Help Info & Stickies previously incorporating FileZilla now Out Of Date & NOT the way to go? All this new Info seems to be quite a step up on the Learning Curve & a lot of us are not computer programmers - just beginners.

I was hoping to get help in this Forum by continuing to use FileZilla (that I just Downloaded last week), to update & Americanize my Sat Files using the method outlined in my 2nd post here that was previously posted by Radar. Thanks for your time.

Jsattv,

FileZIlla and MaZEdit 3.0 are still viable programs, and they are both still important at this time. Continue using them, but keep in mind that there are advancing steps that are going to improve and help us here. While you seek out these other new programs and dabble with them, you may continue to use what you have learned thus far and be just fine. But down the road a piece, you will want to start increasing your exposure to these other programs. It's a fast paced rate of change, for sure. You'll do fine as one step builds on the other, so it is not a huge untertaking all at once and most of the programs are just the same thing with a couple of new twists. That is just how this hobby goes, so get acquainted with it now.

The story behind this all is that the AZBox editors and AZBox control center programs have now been upgraded/revisioned and many of the original "bugs" have been worked out. These programs are now fairly reliable and mostly glitch free. This is a great step in the positive direction for us AZBox owners.

The next point, which is extremely valuable to us, is that the ACC (or AZBox Control Center) program does something automatically that would have required us to perform manually through a myriad of steps using TelNet codes to access the backup files in a normally "read-only" location within the AZBox.

This step would require you to send specific LINUX commands using the TelNet service of MaZEdit. First, you have to make the read-only area where the back up files are stored "writable", then send your files to it, then make it read-only once again. The ACC program does this automatically for us now.

Simply backing up those three files with MaZEdit was the simplest measure to secure your channel and satellite list before, but it didn't alter the resident backup files within the AZBox, so that is why the European and Asian sat lists would keep popping back in if you did any format and restore procedures.

Now, we can rewrite the channel list and sat list to our liking and always ensure that it remains there (for the most part anyhow - there are still some issues with satellites playing musical chairs, but the foreign sat list won't pop back in on us).

It still isn't totally perfect as no one of these programs (AZBoxEdit, ACC or MaZEdit) can do everything on its own. Each program has its own forte.

The AZBoxEdit 2880 program is very good for actually editing/deleting/adding satellites, transponders and channels to your list, but it doesn't do so well in the transfer department.

The MaZEdit program is simple to utilize and you can transfer files fairly easily with it, but it is lame as an an editor.

The ACC program has the perk of being able to rewrite the backup files resident in the AZBox automatically when you send the files over, whereas the other two programs can't touch this area without doing it in a lengthy process that is a bit confusing to most.

Now, I understand the apprehension regarding learning a new program, but trust me, if you feel fairly confident with MaZEdit, you will pick these other programs up with a breeze. They are simple and straightforward and not much different than MaZEdit.

There is a purpose to our madness here. :) I think that eventually we will be able to accomplish everything we desire with ONE program. But, currently, we don't have that luxury. For the most part, each program is being developed separately in order to specialize on one task or area and do it well. I am hopeful that when these programmers get their individual projects perfected, they will merge them somehow into one program.

The author of the AZBoxEdit and the ACC is "TELESAT". I am not certain that this an individual, a group of programmers or a company, but watch for good things from this source in the future.

I hope that this helps clarify some of the details about the multiple programs for you and makes it less confusing as to why we are using multiple programs.

Heck, even the Coolsat 5000 required more than one program to edit the channel lists, and that was a very simplistic box compared to the AZBox. Fortunately, all the programs we require are FREEWARE.

I would truly LOVE to see SharpC come out with a version of ChannelMaster that would handle the AZBox files. Now THAT would be GREAT!

RADAR

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Stargaze. Where do us AZbox beginners get all this new info on those 3 New Programs we now need: ie Maz3, AZBox EDIT, and AZBox CONTROL Center Ver 1.1 and how do they get installed?

Also is ALL the Help Info & Stickies previously incorporating FileZilla now Out Of Date & NOT the way to go? All this new Info seems to be quite a step up on the Learning Curve & a lot of us are not computer programmers - just beginners.

I was hoping to get help in this Forum by continuing to use FileZilla (that I just Downloaded last week), to update & Americanize my Sat Files using the method outlined in my 2nd post here that was previously posted by Radar. Thanks for your time.

As I said: you will only need to download one zipped program called "Toolbox Azbox HD 1.2" or now it may be version 2.3.
Everything you need is in there.
I do not consider myself to be an experienced az-user yet. I did all of what I wrote within the first 3 weeks of having my azbox. I have 3 azboxes to play with so I was able to try things that most could not do. I wanted a box that suited my needs and the only way was to experiment, which I did. I was just the bull in the china closet who ran through and kept track of everything all along the way.

Radar was one of the first that I knew who had a vast amount of knowledge and was willing to share it. Now much of what he went through and wrote down has changed drastically since this toolbox came out with the ACC program in it.
Heck, the user manual for the azbox I was compliling is now already being re-written as much of it is now out the window since this program takes much of the computer jargon away from us since it does what we need without even knowing it.

Neither one of us, Radar nor myself, were afraid to experiment and if it did not work we kept a note of it to hopefully pass along to others.

Our posts may be lengthy but it best describes how things get done in detail.

As for how you learn a new program just take your time at first. Most is already posted under a couple threads I started , copy and paste it to your notebook and print it out if you need to. It truly is not all that difficult to understand it.
I'll know when your learning when you post the mistakes you make along the way.. :)

Radar & Stargaze, I very much appreciate your time & detailed responses. I have a couple of questions:

I already have AzboxEdit thanks to B.J.'s great help, are Maz3 and ACC & Toolbox Azbox HD 1.2 available from Google Search, and do they have to be unzipped ie with winrar in order to use them?

When my new 46 North American Satellite List is ready to be uploaded to Disk1 / Disk2 in Azbox using those 3 Programs mentioned by Stargaze, does it automatically replace or override the 125 European / Western List, or do I still have to go in and Manually Delete that European list?

In light of all the problems mentioned in this Forum with Maz 3 being unstable and changing languages etc., would it not make more sense to use FileZilla if possible for some of these operations, or does Maz 3 have much more capability for these procedures??

Last edited:
Radar & Stargaze, I very much appreciate your time & detailed responses. I have a couple of questions:

I already have AzboxEdit thanks to B.J.'s great help, are Maz3 and ACC & Toolbox Azbox HD 1.2 available from Google Search, and do they have to be unzipped ie with winrar in order to use them?

When my new 46 North American Satellite List is ready to be uploaded to Disk1 / Disk2 in Azbox using those 3 Programs mentioned by Stargaze, does it automatically replace or override the 125 European / Western List, or do I still have to go in and Manually Delete that European list?

In light of all the problems mentioned in this Forum with Maz 3 being unstable and changing languages etc., would it not make more sense to use FileZilla if possible for some of these operations, or does Maz 3 have much more capability for these procedures??

1)Toolbox Azbox HD 1.2 is available for download by a google search.
2) Toolbox as I like to call it has ALL the programs you need built in it so you do not need to try finding any others out there.
3) Not everyone has a problem with Maz. (I have in on Windows 7 and windows XP with no problems others have found)
** #3** some who use Vista are experiencing problems maybe it is something in Vista, not sure **
4) With ACC program: found in "Toolbox" you no longer have to worry about the "OLD" way of doing things, this program designed for the Azbox WILL write the files to both disks in the Azbox and your old list with all the old satellites will no longer be there nor will they come back.

Now you write that your 46 sat list is ready, is that enough ?
There is no reason to "starve" yourself, as things in this hobby change and you may find in the future that you will need more sats to do what you want it to do down the road, but if your happy with that then it all OK!

When I use Toolbox, I download the channel list from the azbox using Maz (which is in the toolbox) to my pc to a specially created folder.
I can then open this folder and it will have 3 files in there.
all_channel.dat
antenna_list.dat
DVBS.dat

Do not delete any of these 3 files!
Using ACC upload the all_channel.dat file to the azbox, it will automatically update the azbox with the other 2 without you doing anything more.
I follow my own directions I posted here in "How to North Americanize Your Azbox".

Even though you already may have some of the programs found in "Toolbox" don't delete those standalone programs from your PC.
Especially if they are working for you, but use the Toolbox if possible to open the programs so things are done within one. Not that it may matter but just in case, in light of so many having difficulties getting one particular program to work for them.
Remember this program was written by folks in Europe so we are just tagging along for the ride here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts