129 D1000 users and D300 users with sig problems.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Try using coax jumpers atleast 5 ft in length from the 129 lnbf to the switch or dpp twin your using, this may fix the issue with 129 signal loss.

From what Im hearing its due to the shortness of the coax cuasing the signal loss, I just dont see it being the reason though so hopefully one of our college educated engineering people here can shed some light onto the subject as dish engineering hasnt.

It's funny, DNS tells our RSP that the jumpers from the diplexers to the separators shouldn't be more than 8 inches. Either the cable is too short (DP Dual/DPP Twin) or the cable is too long (diplexer/separator). Sigh.

Stargazer said:
How on earth would a shorter cable length cause an issue with signal loss?

Your guess is as good as mine, I thought that I would pass this on though as there have been stranger fixes that have worked in this field. If this is legit then maybe it has something to do with the wave length but again Im not an engineer so I might as well be atempting brain surgery.

I started out with a long one like that because the installer didn't want to work to get the short one in there. It was easier for him to go all the way out the back and back in.
Sounds like whoey to me

Stargazer said:
How on earth would a shorter cable length cause an issue with signal loss?
I believe the 5 foot length was chosen for esthetic reasons..Looks better when properly looped into the DPP Twin...The priginal plan was include a premade 5ft jumper in the D-1000 kit..
Length of cable is not he issue..Don't know why the 129 deleivers such weak sigs...everyone I talked to hates the D-1000

webbydude said:
It's funny, DNS tells our RSP that the jumpers from the diplexers to the separators shouldn't be more than 8 inches. Either the cable is too short (DP Dual/DPP Twin) or the cable is too long (diplexer/separator). Sigh.
My installer installed two 6' pices of RG59 from the diplexer/seperator to the tuner inputs. How about that?

He even used one of those 6' RG59 pieces for connecting the 129 Dual on my 1000 to the DPP Twin. The 622 came with two 5" pices of RG6, and I think I am gonna put them on there instead.

Last edited:
I'm no genius but I have been installing sat dishes sense C band was free. I just don't think a foot or two of coax one way or the other is gonna mater. I think the bird is just too weak and too low on the horizon for us on the east side. Every time I call and complain they tell me I'm the only one with a problem. If your having trouble or not getting it at all like me, call um up and raise hell about it.................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts