129 has gone bad as of last 3 days

B_Kranski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2007
Holmen, WI
Hello, I live in Western Wisconsin and over the last 3 days our 129 reception has gone to heck. I think I have had 60+ singal drops in 3 days. I am not sure what has changed in the last 3 days, but it all started on the 8th. I have a picture that I can post of the error message, I am sure it is standard. This is now happening about 15 times a day. is the dish maybe wacked out or are they having more problems with 129. up until now I have had little problems with this sat. only if it was raining real heavy. Thanks in advance, Bill
Sat129_error.jpg

No foilage, maybe dish is out of allignment. Closest tree is about 200-300 yards away...and only about 75 feet tall. Wide open after that. We have had alot of rain around here. About 5" worth in 2 days...about 3-4 days ago. I also looked into the system info...looks like transonder 14 and 15 not good, and 16 and 21 are good on the test screen. i think them are the test numbers, Two were good on 129 and two were bad. I also checked into how many signal problems I had in the last 3 days...looks like they logged 26 errors on 1 and 44 on 2. So looks like it is happening more then I thought. I also called dish they had me do a check switch and and restart the reciever. Still showing problemw with 129. They said to call back if it happens again and they said it was fixed...I told him I dont think it is fixed...because the system info page still had a red x in the 129 sat status page. but will see I guess.

Last edited:
I use 129 for the mpls/stpaul locals and haven't noticed an issue. it may be your antenna got tweaked out of alignment slightly with the last few storms and heavy winds. It doesn't take much.

I have had the same problem for several months on 129 with certain transponders. I have talked to the tech dept and engineers in Virginia. The engineering dept says it is a problem with 129. They just tell me to do a reset, which takes about 8 min to cycle through. If I switch to another sat (110 or 119) the problem fixes itself in about 5 min.

I have learned to live with it, as annoying as it is. The 10 years I have been an E* sub, I have learned to live with a lot of inconveniences. The 622 is still the best DVR out there.

129 problem

I am in Oregon just south of salem and i have also had alot of problems with 129:mad: as well lately. i had 18 on line 1 and 45 on the second line in the system info and before the past 2 days it was 0/0

setup info
dish500 pointed at 110/119
and a dish pointed at 129 unkown size
Dishpro Plus Twin LNBF
1 vip 722
1 vip 612

Last edited:
I am guessing some Issues at certain times with the sat maybe. if they are both on the same line...(1 and 2)

I live in the Mpls/St.Paul area also and have had problems the last couple of weeks also. I use to have 2nd dish pointed at 61.5 and never had a problem. Had tech out couple of months ago due to broken mount and he insisted that 129 would be ok. :no Now I have problems.:down:down
Thinking I'll repoint it back to 61.5 myself, just need to figure out if I have to raise height a little to get it or if I can just swing it around to that bird.:what I've gotten tired waiting for them to launch the new bird for 129.

Same problem here in Houston, Texas. It's not a tree and my dish is pointed right I think. When i check signal usually its strong but the sometimes I am just out... reset usually fixes it.

I live in Wisconsin and 129 is going out all the time when there is storms and heavy cloud coverage lately we've had alot of flooding and storms since the 8th...........and continue to have flood and heavy storm warnings so expect it to go out alot more. How is it on sunny days does it go out at all?

129 is a "piece of junk sat inherited from VOOM" according to a DISH installer trying to fix the constant LOS problems I've had with it. It is especially acute if you live in the northern latitudes. A 30" dish helped but didn't completely cure the LOS problems for me. I cancelled STARS HD as a result. The tech said DISH plans to replace it asap but that's another whole story.

129 here in Colorado Springs CO only fades in very heavy rain. I think it went out 3 times this spring. 500 with DP dual 110 + DP dual 119 and a 500 with DP dual 129 feeding into a DP 34. 20' run to a 510, 40' run to a 211 and a 80' run to a 622. The 2 VIPs have very rare problems with the 129 and I watch a lot of HD on the 129.

Same here in N. California...I don't know if it's a dish alignment problem or bad lnb, but have had consistant dropouts every day for the past 10 days or so on 129. Clear shot at the sky, the trees are at a pretty good distance away. Transponders are acting peculiar...one might have a signal of 17, while another is up in the 40's. Lots of wind, rain and snow all winter but few if any issues ever came up. This whole set of problems is a first.

129 is a piece of sh*t

True...

Seems most of the post are from ppl in the northern states.I'm in central TX and have not experienced any problems with 129 at my house.I'm also a tech and can pull in 80-100 on tp 16( before download) .I have not noticed any changes.

It's really kind of funny in a sad way. I can be watching the HD version of a local channel and it will lose signal. Then I go to the SD version and it is fine. Mostly on heavy clouds or poor weather but seems to be more and more these last few weeks. I am in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.

Is there any hope in calling dish for help?

Personal experience, if you don't want to read another 129 problems thread. Is that if you have 61.5, and don't receive anything off 129, like say your RSN. Then a quick bit of foil over the 129 LNB will fix your problem.

Listen to me. I fix one problem with help from the board, and I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)