goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
just confirmed 129 is back alive.....

No new changes at this time...

Lowgray from dbstalk was first to report this breaking news.. good job.. as i was watching monday night raw on a 4:2:2 FEED and unable to catch it in time.. Damm them bastards... time to get a 2nd card for my puter.. one to monitor and one to watch... lol :)

Nope.. JohnH reported first.. 3 or 4 posts before Logray..

and about 5 hours before Logray also :D

Well, I repointed my 61.5 dish to 129 to see what I could get (signal wise) but that was right after it powered down. Now I can check to see if the 129 option pops in on my 301 like others are claiming when they get the 129 signal. My 921 has the option intermittently and that was when 129 was down, but then again its a 921 (everything works intermittently)

Yup. In some areas DNS is hiring installers to go in an replace SuperDishes and wing dishes in some areas with Dish 1000's around the first week of October.

I expect as soon as they turn it on Dish will make a announcement about offering all locals on just one Dish.

I think not before Dish will enroll all transponders/muxes.

Attachments

• e5 129w.JPG
    e5 129w.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 279
Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup. In some areas DNS is hiring installers to go in an replace SuperDishes and wing dishes in some areas with Dish 1000's around the first week of October.

I expect as soon as they turn it on Dish will make a announcement about offering all locals on just one Dish.

So Scott are you saying that all of the split locals in the top 36 markets will be converted to a Dish 1000 ,or just certain areas that can see the 129 slot out west?

Yup it is alive again, I just logged into my Slingbox to watch HDnews from my office only to find it gone from the listings. (This only happens when 129 is online)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just certain areas (but most) areas.

So this 129 slot will be used for both Voom channels , for those who can't get 61.5 and for the split locals as well? So if you already have a side sat dish pointed at 61.5 and you wan't the extra locals for say Houston market , then you could just repoint the side sat dish to 129 , or is there going to be a requirement for a dish 1000 to comply with the Fcc rule?

All 3 of my Dish accounts would need to be converted to a Dish 1000 if this is the case. One of my accounts for my Aunt is in the Little Rock , Arkansas market and the other two, one for my parents and one for me , are in the Houston, Texas market.

IF they don't make it a requirement then how would Dish know whether you had a Dish 1000 or not?

Scott Greczkowski said:

Why would they be replacing Superdishes? Are they going to move some locals from 121/105 hoping more people will subscribe to E* if they can use a smaller dish?

I understand that they are required to put all the locals on one dish, but why get rid of the Superdishes?

bcshields said:
Dish stated in the last tech chat that E*10 was going to 129.. IIRC.

This is the first I had heard anything about E-10 going to 129 W and I had listened to the last Tech Chat. Many sources have E-10 going to 110 W. It would make sense for Dish to put a large spotbeam satellite at 129 W since the slot can not be considered a CONUS slot. Imagine a satellite like R-1 at 129 W that uses 12 TP frequencies for 130 TP spotbeams. Dish could provide a large number of HD local channels. Of course Dish would still need something for the northeast U.S. markets.

rocatman, since IIRC is a conditional, perhaps in this case it evaluates to false. :)

(not slamming you, bcshields, just making a cheap programming joke)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts