129 on 1000+

Pinzgauer

Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Hi:
I'm seeing 37 db on my meter for 129 ..... I got around 70 on 119. At 37 db shouldn't I get some beep on the point dish screen for 129? When I do a check switch it shows no signal for the 129 port. Again, at 37 db shouldn't it show up at least?

Failing to get the 1000+ to work, what are the AZ and EL ( I assume the skew is 90) for a DP 500 twin dish for zip 05143.

Thanks for any answers .......

If you ve got signal and you are sure it is 129 you can tweak it by making small changes to azimuth then elevation.

Vermont is not is the signal area normally "pick uppable" for 129. Is 61.5 not a possibility?

Elevation 15; Azimuth 261 for 129 for zip code 05143.

Hi:
I'm seeing 37 db on my meter for 129 ..... I got around 70 on 119. At 37 db shouldn't I get some beep on the point dish screen for 129? When I do a check switch it shows no signal for the 129 port. Again, at 37 db shouldn't it show up at least?

Failing to get the 1000+ to work, what are the AZ and EL ( I assume the skew is 90) for a DP 500 twin dish for zip 05143.

Thanks for any answers .......

I'm in Michigan, just re-installed my 1000+ and now get 34 in the new 622 SW for 129 on transponder 9, and 70 on 119 (T11). So we're pretty close. I wish I would have checked my values before moving the dish...

Thanks for the responses.

Smith .... I wasn't taking measurements with the receivers signal strength "meter" but with a digital signal strength meter at the dish. So I do believe db is the correct measure.

I have adjusted the 119 to max of about 72 db (again at the dish) and can't squeeze more than 36 out of the 129 port, even with minor AZ, EL and Skew adjustments.
As I said I baffled that with a read of 36 on my digital meter I can't get a connect on the system even after a check switch. I have less signal than that on 188 sat and it works fine.

The 61.5 sat is not a good option for me since I am in the woods and would have to cut a lot of trees to see it.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks .........

OK then.
But ppl here doesn't have any external meters to make meaningful comparison to your numbers - they can use only that numbers what receivers provide.
And the dB must be mentioned with negative sign, because absolute values are in microvolts range ;).

Actually what you see is something different, because real signal reading -72 dB (119W) is much lover then -36 dB(129W). Look at my photos taken by signal analyzer for real numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks .... but that is exactly my problem .... MY meter shows signal but the receiver doesn't ......... ???????????

I see ... thanks for your advise. I guess ultimately my problem is that I am on the fringe of the 129 footprint and that to boot it is very low on the horizon where I have some trees. So my only option then is to try and get 61.5, right?
Thanks again

I would think that 61.5 would be much easier to see from Vermont than 129. Shoot, from western NC, 129 is very low in the sky. 61.5 is not too many degrees from due south. Maybe you would'nt have to clip too many branches?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)