129 problems

mekp21

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Carson City, Nevada
I've been working to get the 129 satellite coming in and I had the signal up to 82 when I had the dish hooked directly to the second dish 500 (which I did have to change from a dp twin to a dp quad to get it this far, I don't know why maybe bad) As soon as I hook up the rest of the equipment which is a dp34 hooked up to another dish 500 with a dp twin. It no longer receives the 129 signal but instead the 119 sat shows up. The second dish is about 20 feet away from the first dish and the switch and is all wired with new rg-6 cable. This is becoming frustrateing and the wife is making bets with the neighbors on when Im gonna fall off the ladder!

Try getting rid of the DPtwin or the DPquad and using the DPTwin for the 110/119 and a DP dual or single for the 129. I'm guessing with the DPtwin and the DPquad going to the 34switch you are confusing the reciever and it does'nt know which switch to recognize.

Put the twin on the 119/110, put a dual on the 129 dish, link them to the dp34, leave the skew on the 129 at 90, drop the elevation of the 129 by 5 degrea's from what your main dish is and do a slow scan of the horizon to pick up the signal, this should do the trick and all you will have to do is fine tune once you get the signal locked in.

I believe what you have should work. Just use a dif port on the quad.
Or use the quad on the 119/110 dish and the twin on the 129 dish. Still have to use the correct ports on both LNBs, as they go to there default settings after DP34.

It sounds like the quad is tuned to 119/129 and you are sending a 119 port to DP34.

The previous suggestion are simpler if you have the parts. ie. DP single/dual.

put the twin back on the 129 dish as I don't have a DP single and did check switch with same results. BTW I did have the 61.5 sat in with this same equip up until this weekend when I started on the adventure.Disconnected 110/119 and then the option for 129 was no longer there. hooked 110/129 back up the 129 option reappears but doesn't get a signal :mad: When I'm checking the 129 signal it does pick up 119 on some of the transponders but again when it went strait to the 811 I got 70 to 80 consistently

OK. Here ya go. Twin or Quad, do the following
  • Cover the 110 eye of the LNB with foil.
  • Use port #1 (leftmost when looking at the fittings)
This makes sure you're using the "default" feed.

Find 129 while running direct to the receiver. Lock it down. Attach it to DP34 input #3.

You're done. :)

hooked the 129 back strait to the dish and grabbed the foil to find out I had the cable going to the leftmost (119) side of the lnb but was getting the signal from the other side (110). When I tried to get it the sighted in on the 119 side couldnt get anything .Switched the cable and resighted in the the signal hooked it all back up a viola. Is it possible that one side can go bad on the lnb? or was I just screwing it up that much?

mekp21 said:
hooked the 129 back strait to the dish and grabbed the foil to find out I had the cable going to the leftmost (119) side of the lnb but was getting the signal from the other side (110). When I tried to get it the sighted in on the 119 side couldnt get anything .Switched the cable and resighted in the the signal hooked it all back up a viola. Is it possible that one side can go bad on the lnb? or was I just screwing it up that much?
Well, assuming the dish skew was set to 90, and you just swung it 9 degrees in the correct direction, then it should've popped right in.

Anyway, With a Twin/Quad, you CAN use the 110 side - just use the RIGHTMOST port. It ain't quite standard, but should work fine.

And YES - I've seen Twin/Quad failures of one eye, one port, and even much stranger stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)