129 Reception trouble.

saea501

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2004
I have a Dish 1000/VIP 211 system, 110,119,129. I get most everything that I am supposed to on 129 except one channel, HGHD. There are one or two others that are kind of marginal, that is they drop out while watching and come back. I have reaimed this thing multiple times, I even peaked 129 by itself once which made no difference. The company I bought the dish from is telling me the 1000.2 will not cure this problem. I was going to try putting 129 LNB on its own dish, my old 300. Can anyone give me aiming coordinates for 129? I live in zip 44256.

Thanks.

I would aim at the sat your RSN-HD or your HD locals is uplinked to. Some are at 61.5, most others are at the 129. That way you would get more HD if and when these channels go live.

Sounds good to me.......got 61.5 aiming cooordinates?

For the life of me, I'm drawing a blank right now (probably too many Bud Lites :p ) on the exact AZ and EL. What's worse, I was just working in your area (Medina/Wadsworth) yesterday!! LOL But, the approx settings are AZ - 153, EL - 38. Keep in mind that your SKEW is set to 90. I hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)