129 Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Assuming you currently have a ViP 622 connected to a Dish 1000, then I believe you have a Dish 1000 that has a "DishPro Plus Twin LNBF" which has 3 F-type connectors on it. Two of the connectors would feed the 622 with 2 cables, or either one could feed the 622 with one cable when using a DPP Separator.

The 3rd F connector should have a short cable from the single/dual LNBF used for the 129 sat. You can remove the cable from this connector and connect a cable from another dish/LNBF to receive 129, 61.5, or any other single sat location.

However.... This other dish/LNBF must be using a DishPro (DP) LNBF, and not a legacy LNBF nor another DPP LNBF. If it is not, you should be able to remove the Single/Dual LNBF for 129 off of the Dish 1000 and install it on the Dish 500 you acquired.

Your adjustments for the Dish 500 will vary slightly depending on if the Dish 500 is using a Y-Bracket or an I-Bracket.

NOTE: Not likely, but if you have 3 cables leaving the Dish 1000 and going inside past the grounding block(s), then you may have a DP34 or DPP44 switch between the Dish and Receiver.

Here's a link to some quick facts on the DPP Twin. http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwo...allation_Considerations-DP_Plus_Twin_LNBF.pdf

EDIT: Added the underlined section.

Last edited:
Second Option.

You could use the Dish 500 to receive 119 and 110, and then use the Dish 1000 to only receive 129.

To avoid having to buy a switch, the LNBF(s) on the Dish 500 will need to be a DPP Twin. If the Dish 500 currently has either 2 LNBF's or 1 DP Twin, then you should be able to remove the DPP Twin from the 1000 and put it on the Dish 500 to receive 119 and 110.

Then you will need to run a cable from the Dish 1000's 129 LNBF to the 3rd port on the Dish 500's DPP Twin LNBF. Then peak the Dish 1000 for max signal on 129.

NOTE: When using the Dish 1000 to receive ONLY the 129 sat, I don't know which of the 3 positions will provide the strongest signal. It may be best to move the 129 LNBF from the outside (129) position, to the middle (119) position and then peak the Dish 1000 for 129.

I'm sure someone may have more info on that.

Here is some pictures of my current setup and the new dish I got.

Let me know if this will work.

Thanks

Attachments

• DCP_1834 (Large).JPG
    DCP_1834 (Large).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 153
  • DCP_1832 (Large).JPG
    DCP_1832 (Large).JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 152
  • DCP_1831 (Large).JPG
    DCP_1831 (Large).JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 142
Here is some pictures of my current setup and the new dish I got.

Let me know if this will work.

Thanks

The Twin on the "new" 500 is a legacy, so you can't use that one. I'd get me an "I" adapter to put on the 500, get the single LNBF off the 1000 and put it on the 500. Then put the "Y" adapter from the 500 and put it on the 1000, and stick the TWIN on that. Run a wire from the 500 to the TWIN of the 1000. "I" adapters are 8 bux at DISHstore.

hold on, now

I had to re-read the whole thread to figure out what was desired.
Let's keep this simple.
You want more sig on 129.
So, you got an old Dish 500 with legacy twin LNB.

If it wasn't said above (possibly more than once) the simplest choice is to remove the legacy LNB from the old dish, and throw it away.
Now, attach an "I" adapter to replace the "Y" adapter on you old D500.
Then, transplant just the 129 LNB off your Dish 1000 to the "old" dish.
No realignment of your Dish 1000 will be needed.
Aim the old D500 with the 129 lnb to 129 (doh) and see how it goes.
Yes, you will connect the output of the 129 lnb to wherever it was previously connected.

That combination will get you the least improvement (if any).

If that doesn't get the job done, buy a 30/31/36" dish which will accept your 129 LNB, and use that in place of the above configuration.
There is a special Weingard which has the exact mount to take that LNB.

That again is simple, will surely get you the extra signal, and is the next logical upgrade path.

One last question before I do anything. I read someone said to order some foreign channels that are on a wing satellite (61.5, 148) like "RFI = Listen to and enjoy Radio France International 24-hours-a-day! Talk shows, news and cultural discussions are just a sample of the robust offerings aired on this channel" which is $1.00/month and then Dish will have to bring out another Satellite and mount it on your house and point it to 61.5. Then just reaim it to 129 after they leave. Then either cancel the RFI channel or just leave it for $1/month. But my question is will this work and if I cancel it will they come back and want to take the dish back?

If you're in Los Angeles, you'd get that channel on 148.
Any old Dish300 (18") dish will get a good signal from 148... but won't give you any boost on 129 over any of the suggestions above.
So, I don't see that being of much help to you.

edit: oh, and I forgot...!
Then, you'd be watching 4 birds, and they'd need to install a switch.
For that, I suspect they would charge you... or insist you subscribe to the channel for a year, or something.
...and I don't mean a $1/mo channel. :)
Again, I don't see this as being helpful.

Last edited:
Once mounted on an "I" adapter, the LNB should be a similar distance from the dish as if it's on a "Y" adapter.
Simple measurements of an "I" won't do much good, unless you document how far onto the arm it slides, and how deep into the other end the LNB sits.

A decent way to measure, would be to put a Twin LNB on a Y, and mount it to the Dish500.
Now, put a ruler across the face of the two LNBs (the white caps)
Measure with a string, from the center of the dish to the edge of the ruler on the side against the LNB faces.
Mount your single LNB at the same distance from the center of the dish.

...or better yet, just order one, and be done with it!
I don't like the outrageous price (plus shipping) either, but it's not worth my time to screw with a work-around.

edit: no, wait... you want the distance between the mounting screw holes.
One holds the LNB in place on the I, and the other holds the I onto the arm.
That is the total answer!

That works 4 me too

you want the distance between the mounting screw holes.
One holds the LNB in place on the I, and the other holds the I onto the arm.
That is the total answer![/QUOTE]
This will work as well. This way I can find out if the I frame adapter better illuminates a dish 500 with a single LNBF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)