129 Signal levels

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I'm in zip code 62948, deep southern Illinois.

I'm not having any problems, but I went and looked at each transponder on 129. Signal strengths are all over the place. Many at 50+, some at less than 20 and a few at nothing.

What transponders should I get good signals from?

thanks

I have been having problems with signals from 129 ever since I got Dish two years ago. Our signal is always 15 or less on 129. I want to install a dedicated dish for 129 soon.

I'm not having any issues, but then I've only had it a couple of days. But it has been nice weather since the install, so I don't know what to expect.

Before when I was on the original Dish 1000, 129 sucked pond scum! The mere thought of rain was enough to send it out to lunch. But then the signals were 1/2 what 110 and 119 were too. Now the readings are lower on the stronger transponders than 110/119, but more like 10-15 points.

But I don't know which transponders should be showing signal and which do not, or do but at very low levels. As long as things are working, and all channels are coming in, it is more of a curiousity thing...

Im not that familiar with the east coast dish set up but 129 is usually all over the place. They just have us check transponder 18 and 1 here in salt lake city. 18 is typically around 50 and 1 is usually in the 70's. Alot of them arent even used or are VERY low so thats nothing to be alarmed about

popcorn that seems a little odd. If your other 2 satellites are good then maybe its a skew issue? again im not that familiar with the east coast set ups so im not gonna be much help with that haha

Also those old 1000 set ups did suck terribly. Any time a tech rolls up on a job with one we have to replace it whether or not its the problem.

On mine, 1 is zero and 18 is 45.

I think I remember some site that had the birds and the transponders and which channels they handled. For the life of me, I can't remember the site and a google search didn't pull anything of value up.

1-16 will be spotbeams. If you don't know your spotbeams check the signals at 17 and up.

Typically you should see more than 40 otherwise you have an issue with LOS or need a repoint.

On mine, 1 is zero and 18 is 45.

I think I remember some site that had the birds and the transponders and which channels they handled. For the life of me, I can't remember the site and a google search didn't pull anything of value up.

Look in my signature.. you'll find spotbeam maps and such too there.

if you are not having any problems, then why worry?
as long as the signal bar is green, not yellow or red, and you have no signal loss, then you dont have an issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)