129 signal losses

fos

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
durant,ok
During the past week I am encountering brief (non-weather related) signal loss on at least three HD channels (CNBC, FOXB, FOX) all of which are on SAT129. This occurs on all 4 of my DVRs(622,622,722,722) and is not a weather problem. The error message is 206-signal loss. If the up or down channel button is punched and then immediately returned to the original channel the picture has returned without a lengthy rebooting process as in a weather related signal loss. The Dish technician could not offer any explanation or solution. Is anyone else currently encountering this problem and does anyone have a solution?

During the past week I am encountering brief (non-weather related) signal loss on at least three channels (CNBC, FOXB, FOX) all of which are on SAT129. This occurs on all 4 of my DVRs(622,622,722,722) and is not a weather problem. The error message is 206-signal loss. If the up or down channel button is punched and then immediately returned to the original channel the picture has returned without a lengthy rebooting process as in a weather related signal loss. The Dish technician could not offer any explanation or solution. Is anyone else currently encountering this problem and does anyone have a solution?

I also saw some loss on 129 this week as well. By all appearances the weather was very nice outside at the time.

Switch?

Sounds a bit like a switch or LNB problem. It could also be heat related. does it do it at certain times. More info is needed before anyone can even guess what it might be.

Check system status for LNB drift.
Since this is the most recent thread about LNB drift, I'll ask here... I have the LNB Drift message on my System Info screen and only for satellite 129. The numbers are:

Code:
0x0d, 0xa1, 129 (e -6)

STB Health Lite
Tuner 0 as of 06/28/09 3:30am
Orbital: 14 15 16 21
110      71 68 73 71
119      57 62 60 63
129       0  0  0 55

Can't say we've seen signal loss, at least during clear weather. I do think that during cloud cover that we lose signal *sooner* than in the past.

At what point *before* complete failure will Dish replace this ? From what I've read, it will only get worse before it's completely out.

Since this is the most recent thread about LNB drift, I'll ask here... I have the LNB Drift message on my System Info screen and only for satellite 129. The numbers are:

Code:
0x0d, 0xa1, 129 (e -6)

STB Health Lite
Tuner 0 as of 06/28/09 3:30am
Orbital: 14 15 16 21
110      71 68 73 71
119      57 62 60 63
129       0  0  0 55
Can't say we've seen signal loss, at least during clear weather. I do think that during cloud cover that we lose signal *sooner* than in the past.

At what point *before* complete failure will Dish replace this ? From what I've read, it will only get worse before it's completely out.

Call tech support. There is a certain threshold at which drift becomes an automatic truck roll. I had a couple calls in to tech support about signal loss and the LNB drift message. If you keep having issues, even if you're not at tehir threshold number for drift, they'll send someone out. In my case it was apparently an older version LNB that the installer said "If I had done your last service and saw that LNB in there I would have changed it out because that version has known issues."

So... short answer.... call tech support and let them know you're having increasig problems with signal loss.

all dp rcvrs have lnb support software that allows them to search an unlimited amount of frequency for the channel. if you get a truck roll for lnb drift without legacy equip, someone isnt doing their job! you may just need a regular service call to replace your lnb for mechanics or something, but never drift. the threshold for legacy on drift is "8", if you have more than one legacy rcvr the threshold is "5.99", the threshold for dp used to be 30, so by all counts you are good there

the threshold for legacy on drift is "8"...
Just wanted to resurrect this thread .... was watching TV over the weekend, perfectly clear day, and I lost signal on 129'. Went into the details screens and still have the same numbers as earlier and ended up calling tech support. Tech was trying to insist that since my signal was now back, nothing's wrong. Ummm, whatever... I did tell him the "-6" number so maybe unless it's "-8" as mentioned above, I'm SOL.

He did have me do the usual check switch and so on but before I ran that, he had me un-select the "Superdish" option. Anyone know why ?

Just wanted to resurrect this thread .... was watching TV over the weekend, perfectly clear day, and I lost signal on 129'. Went into the details screens and still have the same numbers as earlier and ended up calling tech support. Tech was trying to insist that since my signal was now back, nothing's wrong. Ummm, whatever... I did tell him the "-6" number so maybe unless it's "-8" as mentioned above, I'm SOL.

He did have me do the usual check switch and so on but before I ran that, he had me un-select the "Superdish" option. Anyone know why ?

SuperDish isn't really anything any more so just ignore that. Are you sure there isn't anything blocking that sat like a tree or a limb of any kind? Look on the LNB to be sure that you don't have any spiders nesting on it cause I've gone to a house for a trouble call for something like this and that was the cause. took me forever to just look at it and move the little ball/nest from the LNB with my screw driver.

Also look to make sure nothing is going on with the wires like the ground block sitting in a puddle of water or something too.. go around and inspect the condition of the lines etc... if they are under ground just glance around and be sure you don't have moles or ground hogs in the area cause I've had to pull wire cause of a mole eating the wire under the ground also.

The dish is ~24' in the air on my 2nd story roof. There's nothing that could be blocking it's "view". Being that it's ~24' high, I can't check for spiders or spider webs.

All of the wiring was checked a few months ago as I had 3-4 622 receivers fail over a number of years and they tried to blame "grounding" issues. The tech found no ground problems but did replace every single cable connector for good measure.

How do any of those relate to "LNB Drift" ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)