129 trouble calls

dnsguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
washington state
PLEASE STOP CALLING DISH FOR 129 ISSUE'S AND GENERATING TROUBLE CALLS.
IT IS REALLY HURTING DNS TECHS WHO DEPEND ON STACK RANKINGS. THERE IS NOTHING THAT DISH CAN DO FOR YOU RIGHT NOW. i KNOW IT SUCKS BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WIDELY AVAILABLE SOLUTION. PLEASE NO MORE TROUBLE CALLS!

and why all the tech trash talk. half the crap that you get out of technical service when you call is read off of trouble shooting and when they don't know how to fix it which is half the time they say it's a software issue.

if i have a problem i am going to call a csr. if you don't want trouble calls then do the install right to begin with. I'm tired of half ass techs like you dnsguy

dnsguy said:
IT IS REALLY HURTING DNS TECHS WHO DEPEND ON STACK RANKINGS. THERE IS NOTHING THAT DISH CAN DO FOR YOU RIGHT NOW. i KNOW IT SUCKS BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WIDELY AVAILABLE SOLUTION. PLEASE NO MORE TROUBLE CALLS!

Sorry buddy but it's not the customers fault nor the installers fault, it's Dish Network's fault and we as customers are paying for a service that is not being delivered. We need to call if we have a problem with 129 and E* better address this issue, PRONTO.

RandallA said:
...it's not the customers fault nor the installers fault, it's Dish Network's fault and we as customers are paying for a service that is not being delivered. We need to call if we have a problem with 129 and E* better address this issue, PRONTO.

Agreed, with this part. I had to remove the "Sorry buddy" because it's not him you should be sorry to. If you know it's a known issue and not the installers fault don't call them out to fix it. Dish should do something about the problem but having a tech come out just to tell you what you already know is wasting everybody's time, take your problem up with Dish not the tech. Careful dnsguy, I'm pretty sure subscribers outnumber technicians by quite a bit.;)

dnsguy said:
:haha :river

For the first time EVER I am having pixelation and dropouts on 129. Both HGTV-HD and NG HD are showing VERY low signal strengths (upper 40's). NG HD pixelated and locked up my #2 sat tuner this morning. It is NOT a problem with my Dish aim because I get signal strength of 72 on TP 12 and 73 on TP 13.

Right now 129 TP 22 (HGTV HD) is back up to 62 amd NG HD is 60. both opn 129 TP 22. This seems to be a weak TP.

CHARLIE - REPLACE the satellite at 129 it is CRAP!!

EDIT: 12:29 pm - Signal just dropped to low 40's lost satellite connection to 129 TP 22.

1:25pm - HGTV HD just pixelated and locked up #1 sat tuner black picture with sound. Had to soft boot the system. 2nd time today that weak 129 signal locked up my 622.

Last edited:
I will not!!!!!

dnsguy said:

I will not stop calling E* for 129 If we all sit by and take this s**t from them they will never fix it So I am off to call now!!!!

I don't know if this will help anyone out there but I tried something that works for my situation.

First of all I have a dish 1000 but it is only used for the 129 sat and I have it peaked for the 129 sat. Second of all I have it on a pole and it is run into the dish 500 on a pole that is peaked for the 110/119 sats. I get in the 100s on the dish 500 on both sats , except some spotbeams of course.

I put a inline signal amplifier ( rca at Radio shack and Monster.com has them too) that is supposed to increase your signal strength by up to 13dB to 18 dB , on to my dish 1000 only. I am in a trailer and the lines from the dishes are about 50' - 60' from the receiver in the main room. So this situation works for me. The shorter the run the less chance that this will help.

Anyway I now get good signal strengths on all my transponders on the 129 sat. At 9:47 am central time I get the following strengths:

transponder 1 86
transponder 2 80
transponder 3 80
transponder 4 80
transponder 5 85
transponder 6 80
transponder 7 80
transponder 8 78
transponder 9 91
transponder 10 75
transponder 11 78
transponder 12 90
transponder 13 90
transponder 14 80
transponder 16 90
transponder 17 80
transponder 18 77
transponder 19 78
transponder 20 78
transponder 22 77
transponder 23 81
transponder 26 75
transponder 27 78
transponder 30 77
transponder 31 84

Notice one thing, this is the low signal strengths. I have seen it go up to the high 80s and even the low 90s on these same transponders. When I first did the install for the in line signal amplifier, I was getting them in the high 80s and low 90s this morning around 7:30 am. The signal on this sat seems to go up and down but now I have at least got it peaked so the lowest signal I get is what I have posted above.

I have great sympathy for the good installers who are continuously shafted and charged back by E*, but the customers are not at fault in this matter and are justified in demanding that E* provide them with reliable signals. dnsguy should use the proper retailer channels, and perhaps Team Summit, to call greater attention to this issue. Yelling at paying customers and telling them to "Live With It" won't win much sympathy on this forum.

Interesting... I have a Dish 500 in the cloest and on the roof i have a Dish 300 and Dish 1000, currently I have the 1000 peaked on 119/110 and the Dish 300 on 129, with this setup I get average of 60 -70s on 129 and high 80s - 90s for 119 / 110.

I beginning to wonder how things can improve if I put up the Dish 500 and peak 119/110 on it and use dish 1000 for 129. I think my old 500 got better signal from 119/110 then my current 1000 and I'm sure the larger the dish the better the 129 signal (the 1000 is larger am I right?)

Now to get my hands on a BirdDog... Anyone wanna lend me their BirdDog?

MikeD-C05 said:
I don't know if this will help anyone out there but I tried something that works for my situation.

First of all I have a dish 1000 but it is only used for the 129 sat and I have it peaked for the 129 sat. Second of all I have it on a pole and it is run into the dish 500 on a pole that is peaked for the 110/119 sats. I get in the 100s on the dish 500 on both sats , except some spotbeams of course.

I put a inline signal amplifier ( rca at Radio shack and Monster.com has them too) that is supposed to increase your signal strength by up to 13dB to 18 dB , on to my dish 1000 only. I am in a trailer and the lines from the dishes are about 50' - 60' from the receiver in the main room. So this situation works for me. The shorter the run the less chance that this will help.

Anyway I now get good signal strengths on all my transponders on the 129 sat. At 9:47 am central time I get the following strengths:
(SNIP)

Last edited:
dnsguy said:

hehehe, I knew you were a rookie, honestly you have alot of nerve coming on here asking the paying customers who expect to have consistent and reliable service to not call into dish when they loose signal on their d1000 dish for the 100th time. Do you know that a considerable chunk of the problems with customers loosing 129 is due to the tech not tuning in the dish right and to not setting it to the proper specs for the location?

Who cares about stack rankings, these people here dont because they have no idea what your talking about except those of us who are or where techs for dish. Stack rankin was the single most idiotic thing that dish could have done to the techs because it puts all the techs good, mediocre, and bad under pressure to just get the job done and not put time and quality into a job if it needs it.

Yes I know about the issues on the west coast but if you take the time to read these pages here you will see that there are enough people in the midwest and east that have issues with 129 signal loss that has nothing to do at all with what has happened on the west coast.

129 dropping below 45 every 5 min

Especially on transponder 22 HGHD. I have had problems before, but not with this frequency. I have a separate dish 500 for 129 and it has been fairly stable until today. I live Near Portland Or.

Van said:
hehehe, I knew you were a rookie, honestly you have alot of nerve coming on here asking the paying customers who expect to have consistent and reliable service to not call into dish when they loose signal on their d1000 dish for the 100th time. Do you know that a considerable chunk of the problems with customers loosing 129 is due to the tech not tuning in the dish right and to not setting it to the proper specs for the location?

Who cares about stack rankings, these people here dont because they have no idea what your talking about except those of us who are or where techs for dish. Stack rankin was the single most idiotic thing that dish could have done to the techs because it puts all the techs good, mediocre, and bad under pressure to just get the job done and not put time and quality into a job if it needs it.

Yes I know about the issues on the west coast but if you take the time to read these pages here you will see that there are enough people in the midwest and east that have issues with 129 signal loss that has nothing to do at all with what has happened on the west coast.
Van, dnsguy means that if you get your house reroofed and the next time it rains, and it leaks, don't call the roofer and complain. Just move in the basement, but don't bother the roofer with your freakin complaint calls about leaks. IT"S KILLING HIM!:D

He's worried about stack ranking, if he only knew what dish has done to "make things better" for the techs he might be singing a diferent tune.

aaronhoes said:
Agreed, with this part. I had to remove the "Sorry buddy" because it's not him you should be sorry to. If you know it's a known issue and not the installers fault don't call them out to fix it. Dish should do something about the problem but having a tech come out just to tell you what you already know is wasting everybody's time, take your problem up with Dish not the tech. Careful dnsguy, I'm pretty sure subscribers outnumber technicians by quite a bit.;)

Thanks for seeing my point of view, I find myself being the whipping boy for dish more then a tech some days.

Last edited:
Van said:

I'm not speaking to the customers in the midwest or the east coast. I work in the Northwest more specifically I work for the Kent LSC. And for the second time no I'm not a rookie but I agree with you that this problem needs to be fixed and I will be the happiest person in the world on that day and I don't even have hd. The stack rankings have been recofigured, it's not just pressuring you to get the complete anymore. They focus more on TC's. You could be a hundred percent on NC's and have TC's and be screwed. I had 8.04 units per hour 100 percent, but with 4% trouble calls for the month (on 129's) I got silver ranked. I know that the customers don't know and don't care. I'm just venting a little frustration and maybe it came across to harsh.

TO ALL CUSTOMERS PLEASE CALL AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE 129 MAYBE YOU WILL BE HEARD AND THEY WILL FIX IT. ASK WHY THEY WASTED THE119K ON INTERNATIONALS! BUT HAVING A TECH OUT WILL DO NOTHING (ON THE WEST COAST 99% OF THE TIME). DNS IS GOING TO INSTALL 24 INCH DISH'S STARTING TODAY AND MAYBE 30 INCH DISH'S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)