12ft BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
i dont know. im sitting on the east coast. and i cant understand, maybe i installed the satellite on the pole backwards or what. its not getting G5 or any satellite the signal is going to 205 as i move around. here is some pics. if anyone has the same satellite with this mount let me know if i have it installed wrong lol ? please help

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 193
I'll talk to ya. There are several places on the internet to get full instructions on dish installation procedures. Here's one:

http://www.satellitehelp.com/installation_index.asp

Also just looking and guessing, the actuator is installed on the wrong side. But that won't stop you from receiving satellites. Is the mount directly pointing due south? If not, you won't be able to find the satellites. Once the mount is pointing due south, move the dish due south and check the elevation with a protractor. I can tell you're pretty far south cause there's still leaves on the trees. The shims you have for the declination adjustment seems about right. That should make you point toward the orbital arc and able to find all the satellites. Have fun and good luck.

I'll talk to ya. There are several places on the internet to get full instructions on dish installation procedures. Here's one:

http://www.satellitehelp.com/installation_index.asp

Also just looking and guessing, the actuator is installed on the wrong side. But that won't stop you from receiving satellites. Is the mount directly pointing due south? If not, you won't be able to find the satellites. Once the mount is pointing due south, move the dish due south and check the elevation with a protractor. I can tell you're pretty far south cause there's still leaves on the trees. The shims you have for the declination adjustment seems about right. That should make you point toward the orbital arc and able to find all the satellites. Have fun and good luck.

come to chat i got a few ?'s on if you dont mind

i got everything up and running now. its tracking the arc now and everything is great. its a chap feedhorn with an old Macom lnb its the one thats always been on it. thats what the guy told me. model # ODU-T1 but i dont know it looks pretty old. but the siginal is 100 and the quaity is 80 and jumps to 1 and freezes. could it be the lnb? making it do this?

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 176
i changed the lnb just a few minutes ago to a Calamp 25k with the led on it. and its quality is 93 and going back to 1. it jumps back and forth what could this be now?

Yeah, hes letting me watch via live camera link. His analogs are clear, and when he goes to digitals, all of them show 100 signal and quality will hang between 80-90 then for a brief second drop to 1 then go back keeps doing this. It seems tuned now, what do you think guys? Also on GB 400 its a clear digital with no quality jumps, very stable here.

I would check the voltage going to the lnb and see if it is up and down
I also found a ground strand touching the stinger before causes a variety of problems

are you talking about that frayed wires on the shielding of the coax? And by stinger you mean the copper wire in the middle? I guess that could look like a wasp stinger, just making sure....

Also could you clarify how to check voltage? Positive lead to the copper and negative to any nearby metal, like on the frame? or to the foil shielding?

It might be a bad co-ax connector, maybe they're causing a short. It wouldn't hurt to replace them. The shield should be the ground and the copper should be the voltage.

Al

can you believe, my crazy ass figured it out after messing with the settings i was in and went to change installation settings . and then went to change dish settings . then LNB type it was set on C-band LNB and i changed it to c-band lnbf and BAM it started working like a charm . that made me happy. thanks for all ur help guys im going to order me some digital programming now. on my 12fter thanks alot . im happy! !

well i got all the digital channels to come in but the last few hbo channels which is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G1-112 HBO Comedy East*[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G1-114 HBO Comedy West*[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G1-115 HBO Zone East*[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G1-117 HBO Zone West*

i cant seem to get those to come in . i wonder what could be there problem, i've adjusted the skew. still the dc light comes on.
[/FONT]

Sounds like you need to move the dish a hare, just a hare! I have a problem with them at times, bump my dish and they come in. Also the Cinemax 127-135 (I think) will do this on occassion. Hope this will work for you?

Al

Sounds like you need to move the dish a hare, just a hare! I have a problem with them at times, bump my dish and they come in. Also the Cinemax 127-135 (I think) will do this on occassion. Hope this will work for you?

Al

move it outside. or just bump it from the receiver?

Many people with alignment issues seem to have a problem with these, you should get 99 on those if you have a clear line of site, try bumping and skew to get the quality as high as you can, if the pic is not stable and the quality is low you have feed or dish alignment to do outside.

Many people with alignment issues seem to have a problem with these, you should get 99 on those if you have a clear line of site, try bumping and skew to get the quality as high as you can, if the pic is not stable and the quality is low you have feed or dish alignment to do outside.

i've bumped the dish and adjusted skew and its still doing the same thing hmmm it seems like its only Vertical channels that is doing it on

somery told me that.. that determined he kept tuning and tuning and bought a norsat and it fixed that problem. it seems like the channel comes in and pixels start and it fades i've tuned and tuned. and still same thing. i wonder if my worries will go away if i buy a norsat LNB Cband

i've bumped the dish and adjusted skew and its still doing the same thing hmmm it seems like its only Vertical channels that is doing it on

Whats your quality on transponder 23? Transponder 3 and 13 should be at 99, transponder 13 is strong 3 is also but if your getting 95 on 13 you may get 89 on 3, if these are coming in good 23 should come in fine, then you can go over to 18 and play with the skew.

4dtv 150= Tr 13, 167= Tr 3, 102= Tr 23 and I think 112 is Tr 18. all are H only 18 is V.

Whats your quality on transponder 23? Transponder 3 and 13 should be at 99, transponder 13 is strong 3 is also but if your getting 95 on 13 you may get 89 on 3, if these are coming in good 23 should come in fine, then you can go over to 18 and play with the skew.

4dtv 150= Tr 13, 167= Tr 3, 102= Tr 23 and I think 112 is Tr 18. all are H only 18 is V.

102 = 66

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)