12ft BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats doesn't exactly sound right. I did say that, but I should rephrase a little:
Determined mentioned he tuned many times, but ended with it tuned somewhat nicely, but what sparkles were left, was remedied with the Norsat, is what I believe he told me. That may have been a defective lnb that was replaced, not related to your case I suppose. Hope all this is ok to talk about?

Shimmed. Hmmm didn't think of that, as it is without a declination setting, isn't it? Did you take any washers out when you uninstalled it from your nearby neighbor from down the road? Can't believe I didn't notice that.......

cheffwan, if you want to know the declination angle, see post number three, by Hermitman on page one of this thread. Go down to the bottom and come back up a little. Find your latitude, and the declination that it coincides with. It's probably only a few degrees, and this is how much you should offset your polar axis.

But cheffwan never mind the norsat for now. I thought someone might agree to this as a remedy. Bad idea I guess. Anyway, it seems demonlord just solved your problem.

Last edited:
All I was really saying is know how I spent countless hours on alignment here, and it would have taken a lot longer if I had to shim. Moving older dishes from a nearby location without readjustment worked fine when there was just analog C band, but with Ku and 4DTV, it has to really be fine tuned. I use the G1 HBO channels as my yardstick to the west end of the arc, peaking every last quality number I can get from them.

All I was really saying is know how I spent countless hours on alignment here, and it would have taken a lot longer if I had to shim. Moving older dishes from a nearby location without readjustment worked fine when there was just analog C band, but with Ku and 4DTV, it has to really be fine tuned. I use the G1 HBO channels as my yardstick to the west end of the arc, peaking every last quality number I can get from them.

the Alignment and everything must be close. because its only the Vertical channels that's acting up. for some odd reason. and it has shims already would it be. that its to much. maybe cause of his elev. it lower than mine. could it be that its to high where im at. mine is at 222ft and his is at 175ft let me know what you think.

Elevation of the land the dish is on doesn't have much to do with it. It's more along the lines of latitude, which I'll explain on the phone tonight, or by AIM. I'm going to figure out the latitudes for you and figure out the degrees of change that you need. Difference in longitude affects azimuth, difference in latitude affect declination/ elevation (of the dish angle). 5 mile difference, in case anyone is wondering, not down the road like mentioned before.

Vertical Channels on all sats.

:) i've been messing around with my sat yesterday. and it seems i cant get any Vertical Channels to stop skippings all H channels come in Great. no problem at all. its just V. anyone have any idea's? if so please let me know thanks.

Your 922, as well as lots of other receivers, has the ability to skip the vertical or horizontal channels then go back and go through the other polarity. This keeps the servo from moving everytime you change a channel and theorically increases the life of the servo. You need to go through the setup sub-menus and change the item that skips the polarity changing. Have fun.

i got it up to 70, better , how you save the polarity(skew) so it stays the same. i've been trying to figure that out

Well considering what I get on my 10 footer, I'd expect yours to be well in the 90s with a decent LNB and cabling if aligned right.

I set the skew at the same time I save the positions, in the "program satellites" section of the menus. Mine is a bit strange since I have an international feed, they are around 90 and 0 normally, whereas a regular feedhorn will be +45 and -45 for the most part.

Well considering what I get on my 10 footer, I'd expect yours to be well in the 90s with a decent LNB and cabling if aligned right.

I set the skew at the same time I save the positions, in the "program satellites" section of the menus. Mine is a bit strange since I have an international feed, they are around 90 and 0 normally, whereas a regular feedhorn will be +45 and -45 for the most part.

it'll get better hopefully its just im having some problems . im going to buy some new coax. soon. the one i have it old. i wanted to buy a norsat lnb. the one i have is old but seems to work on h. maybe its the lnb.?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts