12ft Paraclipse Ku compatible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
I bought a 12foot Paraclipse and im wondering since its an old classic type mesh if its compatible with Ku Band "Its just like Hermitmans 12footer

Attachments

• 542e_1.JPG
    542e_1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 367
I bought a 12foot Paraclipse and im wondering since its an old classic type mesh if its compatible with Ku Band "Its just like Hermitmans 12footer

I do not do Ku on a big dish . I have a couple of offset Ku dishes . But I have read it has to do with hole size , less tham 1/4" ? And dish curvature accuracy .

Wyr

If it's like mine, you'll have no problem picking up Ku signals. I use to have it set up to receive Ku and the signals came in strong and clear. Have fun.

If it's like mine, you'll have no problem picking up Ku signals. I use to have it set up to receive Ku and the signals came in strong and clear. Have fun.

Yeah its just like yours :) thanks hermitman. how do you like it ? do you still use it ? to receive KU?

Used a 12' Paraclipse for many years for C and KU-Band. The KU-Band is a challange as the beam width is very narrow and a mild wind would often play havoc with keeping the dish aimed. The mechanics were tight, but wind loading would often cause signal loss or degradation. I personally prefer a 90cm - 1.2M dish for motorized KU-Band use, as they produce adequate gain and reliably receive KU signals during windy conditions.

If you stay with the button hook type LNB mount, stabilize the arm with guywires attached to 3 or 4 points at the rim of the reflector. The button hook design is adequate for C-Band reception, but was not stable enough for KU. It would tend to wobble slightly resulting in the feedhorn moving out of the focus point. I eventually replaced the button hook arm with 4 - 1" arms to support the scaler.

Last edited:
I had a Paraclipse 12' dish that I bought back in the late 70's. Around 1988 I retrofitted it for KU and Horizon to Horizon mount. I still had the original (large hole) mesh on it from when it was new in the 70's. It worked good on KU, and C-Band and with FTA receivers. But as SatelliteAV mentioned you need to use something other than the button hook mount for the LNB. I converted mine to a tripod mount. It took me a few tries at getting it mounted correctly, but once I did, it worked great.

I had a Paraclipse 12' dish that I bought back in the late 70's. Around 1988 I retrofitted it for KU and Horizon to Horizon mount. I still had the original (large hole) mesh on it from when it was new in the 70's. It worked good on KU, and C-Band and with FTA receivers. But as SatelliteAV mentioned you need to use something other than the button hook mount for the LNB. I converted mine to a tripod mount. It took me a few tries at getting it mounted correctly, but once I did, it worked great.

Would You Mind Taking Some Pictures Of It please. kind of give me an idea of what it looks like?

when i was trying to mount this heavy ass dish. it fell backwards when the wind got it and hit me in the back lol and the mesh got a hole in it from the pole. is this fixable?

Attachments

• messed up mesh.JPG
    messed up mesh.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 213
  • messed up mesh 2.JPG
    messed up mesh 2.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 218
Yeah should be, Skyvision has replcement panels for some dishes I think...

I took Some Mesh Off Another Dish and the mesh is the same i used steel wire and put it over the hole. ill have pictures later i fixed one panel . ill take a picture soon

Attachments

• DSCF0073.JPG
    DSCF0073.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF0074.JPG
    DSCF0074.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0075.JPG
    DSCF0075.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF0076.JPG
    DSCF0076.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
does it matter if the mesh over lap the other mesh ? as long as the holes are covered up

The main thing is to keep the consistancy of the mesh flow, of the repaired area, as close to the mesh was before it was damaged. This is so it will reflect correctly to the LNB.

The main thing is to keep the consistancy of the mesh flow, of the repaired area, as close to the mesh was before it was damaged. This is so it will reflect correctly to the LNB.

from the pictures do you think it will be ok. its as close as i can get it and real tight againest the other

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts