1303 on all joeys

my3son

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
United States
Woke up this am and all 3 Joeys report 1303. Hopper still on S207. All was well last night when we went to sleep. Installed over a month ago. I've reset Hopper and Joeys. Any suggestions before I call Dish?

Try this:

1. Unplug (the power cord) on all your Joeys.

2. Unplug the Hopper.

3. Verify that all cable connections are tight.

4. Plug the Hopper back in. Wait for it to come back. Make sure it works.

5. After the Hopper comes back, plug all your Joeys in.

If this doesn't help, call Dish or PM a DIRT member. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've done that. I have 2 hoppers/3 joeys. Neither hopper sees anything else and moca signal is low. Looks like a call is in order.

FIXED! A simple reset network from the settings > network > broadband menu fixed the moca network. Reset Connection resets the Internet and reset broadband resets moca. No tech visit!

my3son said:
FIXED! A simple reset network from the settings > network > broadband menu fixed the moca network. Reset Connection resets the Internet and reset broadband resets moca. No tech visit!

I wish your fix work for me. I have the 1303 error once again right now. My on going problem. :-(

Thanks for the followup. I will keep that in mind. When I was helping my installer out, he ran into the 1303 issue on one of the Joeys. Nothing he did would fix it. I don't recall him doing a reset broadband. He just replaced the Joey.

All was well, 48 hours later - same issue except reset network does not fix it. :(

What kind of setup you have? Have you tried resetting your router.
My router WNDR3400 will sometime go crazy and I have rebooted it, not after router firmware update though.

Why would it be a router issue? I have one Hopper hardwired to an ATT DSL modem via a Netgear wireless router. It's the MOCA network that drops. An hour later, I tried the network reset from a different Joey and the patient healed itself.

Was it raining outside? ;)
I wonder if there is a poor connection at the node.

Was it raining outside? ;)
I wonder if there is a poor connection at the node.

Some people have reported tightening the connections at the node, or even replacement of the node itself have solved the 1303 problem.

Some people have reported tightening the connections at the node, or even replacement of the node itself have solved the 1303 problem.
My installer torqued all fittings. He had this little torque wrench, I'd never seen one like it. I wish I could remember the spec.....?:facepalm

What kind of setup you have? Have you tried resetting your router.

Why would it be a router issue? I have one Hopper hardwired to an ATT DSL modem via a Netgear wireless router. It's the MOCA network that drops.
Because if your IP network fails it can cause the MOCA network to fail also.
Yesterday none of my Hoppers or Joeys could see anything on the network except the HIC.
No broadband on any Hopper or Joey either.
When I finally checked my DHCP server and found it had it had stopped functioning and reset it. (Another good reason why DISH should allow us to set static IP's)
Within seconds of resetting the DHCP server all the Hoppers and Joeys relinked.

Why would it be a router issue? I have one Hopper hardwired to an ATT DSL modem via a Netgear wireless router. It's the MOCA network that drops. An hour later, I tried the network reset from a different Joey and the patient healed itself.

In my case I had HIC so, all Hopper and Joey's were getting IP from my router. Router was getting crazy sometime and was becoming unresponsive to request and my PC will also have issues. If you don't have HIC and have direct connection to the router then it should not matter. Is joey also connected directly to the router?

no HIC, only one hopper connected to router.

In my case I had HIC so, all Hopper and Joey's were getting IP from my router. Router was getting crazy sometime and was becoming unresponsive to request and my PC will also have issues. If you don't have HIC and have direct connection to the router then it should not matter. Is joey also connected directly to the router?

The HIC puts the Hopper behind a second Tap, which knocks off one Joey... if that makes any sense. I took the HIC out and used a wireless usb stick to connect the second Hopper.

This morning after system reboot, all was well.

Lt Disher said:

There should be no lose connections, all outside connectors should be torqued to 30 lbs.

If something this simple is overlooked, i wonder how messed up the rest of the job is done.