13V/18V C-Band LNB Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Do they make a switchable 13V/18V C-Band LNB with a flange for use with an FTA receiver?

I have a 1.8m Channel Master offset antenna and would like to buy the feedhorn below to get better reception. I have a Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver.

Attachments

• Offset_C-Band_Feed.jpg
    Offset_C-Band_Feed.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 255
PopcornNMore said:
Do they make a switchable 13V/18V C-Band LNB with a flange for use with an FTA receiver?

I have a 1.8m Channel Master offset antenna and would like to buy the feedhorn below to get better reception. I have a Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver.

This is my uderstanding . If it is a LNB , a polorotor is normally used in the feed horn to change polarity . The picture seems to show a flange fro a LNB .

A LNBF uses 13 / 18 VDC to change the polarity , but do not know of one that fits that flange . The LNBF's I have seen are complete units that fit a scalar ring . And slide in & out the scalar ring to adjust f/d .

Wyr

So I guess if I use this feedhorn with a regular C-band LNB I would only get one polarity.

However they sell KU band LNB's that have a C120 flange that change polarity with 13V / 18V.

I haven't seen the animal you are looking for. Have you tried Skyvision, or contacted the LNB manufacturers (Cal Amp, Norsat, Grundig) themselves?

PopcornNMore said:
So I guess if I use this feedhorn with a regular C-band LNB I would only get one polarity.

However they sell KU band LNB's that have a C120 flange that change polarity with 13V / 18V.

If there is a way to get both polarities on that feed , it might be with what I have read of a stacked LNB . But , some one that knows more , what a stacked LNB is , will have to help you .

I have seen pictures of Ku LNBF's that use the C 120 flange .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.