13V/18V Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garrysnow

Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
I have a Terk 5/8 (Sat A 13V, 18V; Sat B 13V, 18V; UHF/VHF). I always had 4 different satellites and never understood that I was missing many of the channels. I have used DiSEqC switches but it seems like one of the inputs did not work. I finally figured out that these "4 input" switches are really only made for two satellites. Is there a switch that would allow 13V/18V for 4 or more satellites? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is there a performance difference between 13V and 18V? Maybe the alignment is off just a bit and when I use both feeds from the lnb more channels are found by the scan. This more than likely the problem if the 5V difference is not significant.

You haven't said what receivers you have,
to get four satellites you either need to use an SW64/SW21 cascade (good for max of two receivers) or switch to a Dishpro setup with a DPP44 switch.
With legacy LNBs 13V = odd polarity 18V = even polarity (both are needed to get all channels on a satellite)

He is talking about "scanning" with Dishnetwork. My guess is that we have a hacker on our hands...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts