13v Transponders Sat 101 NOT IN SERVICE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i read someone in guatemala had a 2.4 mt antenna and could watch e.thing, i am i honduras and willing to try it, does anyone know where to buy a 2.4 in the states??? or even in guatemala....please tell me where to get it, i am way past desperate....

txs

great news! maybe there is some truth to the idea this is an orbital thing and getting better?

news

c'mon tell us more, your comment was to general and we are eager for juicy news....what have u found out????

Trying to be proactive, I thought one could use a directv dish and LNB for Dish Network! I tried my 1.2 M Master, aimed at the Dish 119 bird, got signal on my meter but could not get a flicker on the Dish Set. I was led to believe that the LNB's were compatable....Wrong LNB? I am sort of sure I was pointing at 119, I was 203 deg and 60.5 any ideas...????

compatibility

From what i know here in honduras you CAN use a D* dish with LNB to get dish network in the 119 bird. we use a one satellite round dish 1.8 meters, i dont know if that has something to do.....hope this helps

LNB,s

Old Dish L.N.B,S are compatible with DTV or DISHNET systems,as a matter of fact DISH L.N.B,S have better noise figures than their DTV counterparts.
Newer DISH L.N.B,S are call DISHPRO L.N.B,S they work at a higher frecuency and are not compatible with DTV systems. ;)

Great LNB info! Problem was not LNB it was with the receiver. Now it locks onto signal. Still missing all newwork channels, this is probably also a receiver problem, some of the transponders show signal but, error message says wrong satellite. Thanks for the help I am off to the Dish forum.

cabocloset said:
As far as I know I am not breaking any laws, but those here with D** are. I don't know if we are next to get spot beamed out of existence, will watch and wait to see....

YES you are! Since NAFTA, all US piracy laws apply in Mexico as well, so you are just as liable as if you were stealing that signal (E* or D*) in the USA.

chilepepper said:
DirecTV's new Satellite DirecTV8 may be causing an issue. iThe new DirecTV 8 is for some spot beaming of local channels to their designated areas and to increase the HD lineup coming early next year. DirecTV 8 is not yet in service, and is curretly in transit to the 101 degrees spot (supposedly, but may end up going to 119 but should stay at 101 reports say) and is traveling .28 degrees per day and is currently between 99.5 and 100.5 degrees at present. It is entirely possible that it is currently blocking our sat footprint part of the 13v feed from 101, which is the most likely scenario. If I am right we will see the 13v feed (odd transponders) return within the next 2 days. It is also possible we will get some disruption with our 18v feed (odd transponders), depending on our locations. Either way, anyone and everyone, please keep reporting your status.
If the DTV 8 satellite blocked the footprint of any other satellite, which it isn’t, the blockage would only last a microsecond as it passed by. It would also not affect just one polarity at a time. Even satellites that are co-located in the same orbital slot are at least tens of miles away from each other and never cross paths.
Bob

Loss of odd transponder channels

Does anyone know for sure that it is possible to receive the odd transponder channels in the Cabo San Lucas area or anywhere else at Latitude 22 if one uses a 2.4 meter receiving dish? Also, for any of you down in Cabo now, has the signal strength on the odd transponders increased? Here in Oakland, they are still lower than the even transponders.

i checked my signal strength this morning and noticed about half-a-dozen transponders not regestiring anything. haven't noticed any channel loss. but i hardly watch the dish anymore. and when i do, its usually sports.

recovering odd signals

Has anyone other than sushi35 had any luck adjusting their dish to improve the signal strength of the odd no. transponders? If so did you adjust the dish to a peak signal strength or off peak to one side? Help, my TV urge needs satisfying.
IG

chilepepper said:
suchi35,
...So far you are the first person in the continental 48
that I have found that is experiencing this...
chilepepper --
I'm thinking, Guatemala, CA is not in CONUS... it's in Central America
(CA = may be Califorina, or Central America)...

-edit-

Sorry, newbie here, I guess that was already obvious...

Last edited:
hi i found this in another post

Since mid-October many people along U.S. borders and in Canada/Mexico have lost all DirecTV channels carried on odd numbered transponders. I found a suggested fix on a Baja California bulletin board. I do not know the source of this suggestion, but I would like to know if anyone has tried it and whether it was successful. Here it is:

"Insight into changes at DTV.

From what I can tell from these threads is that most, if not all of these people live down in Mexico. We do have lots of customers who have vacation houses down there that can get our programming, but not legally. They are doing this on their own. In order to receive our signal, they need large dishes, which have very narrow beam evens are located. In order to see the odds again, they will either need to repoint their dishes, or add a second dish and an AB switch, one dish odd polawidths. On Oct 12, we moved programming from D1R and D2 to D8, all at 101, which was all of the odd transponders, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, & 31. The beam squint on D8 is tighter than it was on D1R or D2, so what most likely happened, beacuse of the tighter beam width of their dishes, they can now only see one satellite, D1R, where the rity, second dish even polarity. We do not remove transponders from our customers. This is not an issue in the US where we are using smaller dishes. This is not a DIRECTV issue, but theirs"

my question is what size dish is needed and what type of lnb is needed?

The beam squint on D8 is tighter than it was on D1R or D2, so what most likely happened, beacuse of the tighter beam width of their dishes, they can now only see one satellite, D1R, where the rity, second dish even polarity. We do not remove transponders from our customers. This is not an issue in the US where we are using smaller dishes. This is not a DIRECTV issue, but theirs"

Exactly what was said from day one.

BUT

Just a guess on the size as it is all trial and error based on your location, but from the reading I have done I would say 100cm (40" / 3.3') or larger. At some point the dish size is of no concern. Because if you are outside the beam there is absolutely no signal to capture at all.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Exactly what was said from day one.

BUT

Just a guess on the size as it is all trial and error based on your location, but from the reading I have done I would say 100cm (40" / 3.3') or larger. At some point the dish size is of no concern. Because if you are outside the beam there is absolutely no signal to capture at all.

From what i have heard in the Caribbean region you need an 8ft. (2.4m) antenna to get the odd and even transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts