14,000 Fans Dropping Sirius over Stern's "lack of sympathy"?

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
That's what this New York Daily News article would lead us to believe. According to Rush & Molloy, Howard Stern fans are in such an outrage - after he skipped out on the funeral of Gary Dell'Abate's father - that they're threatening to drop their SIRIUS subscriptions.

Allegedly, fourteen-thousand people have express their distaste on Stern Fan Network and Chaunce Hayden has declared Stern "A-hole of the Week." (Note to the Media: The mere mention of Chaunce Hayden instantly reduces the validity of your news piece.)

SFN is quick to bring up that the numbers are bit skewed in this report. At the time of posting this the thread in question was viewed 19,214 times.

Now don't misunderstand me. I personally would never miss the wake, or the funeral, of a close co-worker/friend... but I figure the numbers should be somewhat accurate if it's to be reported on.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/14000-fans-dropping-sirius-over-sterns-lack-of-sympathy.html

did you miss this part from sirius

To make matters worse, many of Stern's die-hard fans are promising to cancel their Sirius satellite radio subscriptions because of the King of All Media's lack of sympathy. A Sirius spokeswoman told us that as of yesterday, "We are unaware of any cancellations."

I think the bottom line is that any REAL FAN (or real human with common sense) would suspect first; is that Howard & Gary would have already talked in advance about Howard's non-attendance (if he really didn't attend).

More than likely he attended some family/private event but didn't want to go to any thing public that might distract from the dignity of the funeral by becoming a fan and media scene when he is seen; which it would. This could also very well be the case if he didn't attend anything other than going to Gary or gary's home on a personal level.

People need to get a grip and use their heads some. Why do they attempt to inject themselves into stars personal lives like they are a part of it? Sounds like a "planted" story to me.

Last edited:
Didn't he admit on air that he didn't go at all? Irregardless of his celebrity, to not go to a guy who has given you basically his life for the last 20 years father's funeral is pretty sh!tty.

His girlfriend Beth broke her ankle that day and he was at the hospital with her. He spoke about missing the funeral on the show Monday. Chaunce Hayden is a "spurned lover", and anything he does or says is only to get attention for himself. (He used to be a frequent guest, but spoke ill of Stern during the change from K-ROCK to Sirius, and was dumped by Stern and his crew.

This is all just self-promotion for this douche. Just more press. That's all.

Did he really not go or did he simply say on the air that he wasn't going ?? What would happen if he did go ?? The funeral would no longer be about Gary's father....

hall said:
Did he really not go or did he simply say on the air that he wasn't going ?? What would happen if he did go ?? The funeral would no longer be about Gary's father....

Now what would you do if you significant other broke there foot on your way out the door...:rolleyes:

I'm not going to allow one person to affect my Sirius subscription. I listen to the music/other talk channels anyway, and I think I get my money's worth.

Neutron said:
I'm not going to allow one person to affect my Sirius subscription. I listen to the music/other talk channels anyway, and I think I get my money's worth.

Amen to that. I've recently paid for another year of service in full and the rep what so nice that he threw in Playboy radio, channel 198 for free. Talk about some stimulating talk :hungry:

Howard or no Howard, No one will make me cancel my great Sirius Sub.

Krapola said:
Whe did Sirius start charging for Playboy channel? It's was an Opt in/Opt out for me...No extra charge...

HEHE, I've been a Sirius suscriber since they first started and back in the first year they had Playboy radio as A LA CARTE @ $9.99/mo

I was like, hey it's free now DUH.. LOL:hatsoff:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)