150CM offset dish with a HH120 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TTTTVVVV

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Hello all,

I'm thinking of installing a 150cm offset dish and hooking it up to a HH120 motor.

The dish is at ba-sat.com. Are they a good company to deal with?

The dish does not look like it weighs that much so I'm thinking the HH120 will be fine.

Any thoughts?

Rick

I wonder why you chose the 150cm dish?
If 120cm would do the job, I would suggest you look at this one, based on the construction of the mount.
We've had some members find it difficult doing elevation adjustments on 100 or 120 Fortec dishes.
They seem to lack a pivot pin or bolt, and have no fine-adjust screw.
From the pictures, yours looks about the same.

I like the STAB brand motors, and their 120 is the big one.
This vendor is a little cheaper.
...and one of our site sponsors.

Did you have some special concerns , such as local delivery, or customs, shipping, or other interest in your vendor?
What receiver , LNB, and other accessories were you planning on using?
Where were you going to install, and which birds were you shooting for?
Reason I ask, is because we have had some people outside North America come here seeking help, and without knowing their special circumstances, it's hard to give good advice. :)

Last edited:
I wonder why you chose the 150cm dish?
If 120cm would do the job, I would suggest you look at this one, based on the construction of the mount.
We've had some members find it difficult doing elevation adjustments on 100 or 120 Fortec dishes.
They seem to lack a pivot pin or bolt, and have no fine-adjust screw.
From the pictures, yours looks about the same.

I like the STAB brand motors, and their 120 is the big one.
This vendor is a little cheaper.
...and one of our site sponsors.

Did you have some special concerns , such as local delivery, or customs, shipping, or other interest in your vendor?
What receiver , LNB, and other accessories were you planning on using?
Where were you going to install, and which birds were you shooting for?
Reason I ask, is because we have had some people outside North America come here seeking help, and without knowing their special circumstances, it's hard to give good advice. :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm in upstate NY and I have a nice flat roof. Right now I have a 90cm dish that is still connected to a sm3d12 HH motor that I fried by trying to send DISEqC commands to it using my skyStar2 PC card.

My 90cm will barely bring in AMC3 PBS channels so I wanted to get something bigger. Plus I read in another forum that a person was actually able to pull in a few C-Band channels using a 120cm dish.

Maybe it's a little overkill.

weird...I'm in Minnesota and can bring in PBS on AMC3 with a 76cm dish
Yea, but I've seen what you can do with wood blocks and radiator clamps. :cool:

ttttvvvv - what brand of 90cm dish and LNB do you have?
The review section here, reports quite favorably on the Invacom family of 0.3db noise figure LNBs.
Besides the LNB, there's always the dish, the cable, loss in the switch (or going through the motor), bad connectors, and the receiver.
Easiest to fix might be as simple as alignment.

As for C-band, a few of the guys here are doin' it on small dishes. (4')
Other than for bragging rights, I think a 6-foot dish is about the minimum practical size.
Iceberg has a 6, and has reported on it quite a bit.

I have an invacom lnbf that works great. Right now it is on my primestar dish that I scrounged up.

When I first bought my dish it arrived a little bent. Also the arm that sticks out in the front doesn't seem exactly in the right place. It has never worked well.

That's why I think I just want to bag it and get new dish and HH motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)