16 Satellites on one Diseqc Switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
South Florida
Using BandStacked LNB's with Multiswitches for 16 lnb's on one diseqc switch.

16lnbbandstackedml4.jpg

Switching logic;
LNB 01 diseqc 1 22k off V: 13 volts
LNB 02 diseqc 1 22k off H: 18 volts
LNB 03 diseqc 1 22k on V: 13 volts
LNB 04 diseqc 1 22k on H: 18 volts
LNB 05 diseqc 2 22k off V: 13 volts
LNB 06 diseqc 2 22k off H: 18 volts
LNB 07 diseqc 2 22k on V: 13 volts
LNB 08 diseqc 2 22k on H: 18 volts
LNB 09 diseqc 3 22k off V: 13 volts
LNB 10 diseqc 3 22k off H: 18 volts
LNB 11 diseqc 3 22k on V: 13 volts
LNB 12 diseqc 3 22k on H: 18 volts
LNB 13 diseqc 4 22k off V: 13 volts
LNB 14 diseqc 4 22k off H: 18 volts
LNB 15 diseqc 4 22k on V: 13 volts
LNB 16 diseqc 4 22k on H: 18 volts

Credits; Original idea from Deltad on DVBdream forum. Thanks to Anole on Satelliteguysus Forum for the diagram and cleaning up my switch logic.

Deltad (Cut and paste from Dvbdream.org);
"I use Dishpro Single LNB's which are bandstacked so have no polarity selection. This means I can use a multiswitch and connect 4 LNB's to it:
lnb1: 13V, 22khz off
lnb2: 13V, 22khz on
lnb3: 18V, 22khz off
lnb4: 18V, 22khz on

I can then put a multiswitch on each port of a 1x4 diseqc switch for a total of 16LNB's without cascading diseqc's if I wanted. To make this work currently, I have to modify a sat transponder ini file so that all polarities are either H or V depending upon the port of the switch..."

Thanks for the Diagram jerryt. I ordered me 8 of these Eagle-Aspen P-870 (Stacked FSS LNBF for SuperDish) from Mike Kohl this morning. Should get them Tuesday or Wednesday?

Al

since we are listing 22k on & off i take it that this 4X8 or 4X4 switch from eagle aspen have a 22k switch built in.

i'm trying to find a link or a close up to the switch so i can read about it.

jerry
the ones in the diagrams show a power supply also (when you look them up). what is the advantage/ disadvantage of suppling the power.

thanks

then the receiver doesn't power them :)

since we are listing 22k on & off i take it that this 4X8 or 4X4 switch from eagle aspen have a 22k switch built in.
I dont get what your asking but the LNB"s are standard LNB's in the settings so you can use these with 22k switches

jerry
the ones in the diagrams show a power supply also (when you look them up). what is the advantage/ disadvantage of suppling the power.

thanks

Advantage = I found that powered Multiswitches boost the signal strength and take the current load off of my PCI cards. PCI cards are known for having trouble supplying a lot of current. I believe 16 LNB's most likely draw a lot of current.
Disadvantage = They are powered up all the time.

Yes, you are correct the Multiswitches have internal 22K switches. A 4 X 8 multiswitch has 8 internal 22K switches. Plus a 4 X 8 multiswitch has 8ea (13/18) voltage switches internal.

Advantage = I found that powered Multiswitches boost the signal strength and take the current load off of my PCI cards. PCI cards are known for having trouble supplying a lot of current. I believe 16 LNB's most likely draw a lot of current.

great.... this was what i was looking for , although i don't have a card .... i'm running the usb world box.... i suspect i would have problems of the same type.

Yes, you are correct the Multiswitches have internal 22K switches. A 4 X 8 multiswitch has 8 internal 22K switches. Plus a 4 X 8 multiswitch has 8ea (13/18) voltage switches internal.

ok thats what i thought but couldn't find anything on it ...

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?menuId=9&nazev=S.170-CP-16

Is there *any* fta receiver STB that could drive it?

Thanks.
I would think that any Diseqc 1.2 capable receiver would work fine. Most of their switches like this one appear to simply utilize the Diseqc commands to select a "satellite location" for each of the inputs. So you'd just go setup this switch and treat each lnbf input as a satellite location (as you would if you had a motor).

For nearly $500 just for the switch, I'd personally shop around a bit for another solution.

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?menuId=9&nazev=S.170-CP-16

Is there *any* fta receiver STB that could drive it?

Thanks.

This switch looks promising;
"Digiwave Brand SW81 8x1 DiSEqC Switch 8 in 1 switch".

8 ports all uncommited. Uncommited switch 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

about $20 shipped

If the switch works good then, we will have to ask Anole to update the Diagram for "32 satellites on one diseqc switch". he he he (mad scientist laugh)

a uncommitted diseqc switch can be cascaded in front of the standard (committed) diseqc switches for 32 ports. If you add tone switches (or multiswitches) then 64 ports, If you add band stacked LNB's, then you have 128 ports.

as long as it can do Diseqc 1.2 it can control it. I use to have a 8x1 on my Pansat 1500 which has 1.2 diseqc

You set up the positions like motor settings. Pain in the ass to set up but works fine once set up :)

as long as it can do Diseqc 1.2 it can control it. I use to have a 8x1 on my Pansat 1500 which has 1.2 diseqc

You set up the positions like motor settings. Pain in the ass to set up but works fine once set up :)

Iceburg - I believe this is a different switch. Only uncommitted commands.

I would think that any Diseqc 1.2 capable receiver would work fine. Most of their switches like this one appear to simply utilize the Diseqc commands to select a "satellite location" for each of the inputs. So you'd just go setup this switch and treat each lnbf input as a satellite location (as you would if you had a motor).

For nearly $500 just for the switch, I'd personally shop around a bit for another solution.

The rub on this emp-centauri is that it is a true multiswitch. All in one nice, neat package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts