$17 charge question

Yes, I was referring to the price I pay FIOS for all 3 services (phone, Internet and TV) as opposed to just TV with Dish. My main point was if Dish didn't raise my bill $40 over 2 years with the new fees I would never have shopped around, we were happy. But now I get Philly Comcast Sportsnet, a channel I haven't had for 11 years, and am enjoying it, especially with the Phillies winning most of the time. And to note, we have the Motorola 7232 DVR, which is the latest, the installer only had brand new DVRs and STBs, and I had no complaints. :D

Dish needs to offer a dual Single Room HD DVR that actually works.. I love my 722.. But $17 for it is steep.. I only use my 722's in single mode. If the 612 wasn't a POS I would get it instead.. I have only the 120 package with platinum HD and I pay $80 a month.. Dish fees are out of hand..

What would truly be nice is if you were not charged the same $17 when you own the equipment. I can see charging a monthly fee for leasing the gear but when you purchase why do you pay the exact same amount to have this device on your account? It's not like they are streaming extra signal to you to feed that other receiver. Sure they have to send a code every so often so that your receiver stays active, but come on same fee to own or lease?

What would truly be nice is if you were not charged the same $17 when you own the equipment. I can see charging a monthly fee for leasing the gear but when you purchase why do you pay the exact same amount to have this device on your account? It's not like they are streaming extra signal to you to feed that other receiver. Sure they have to send a code every so often so that your receiver stays active, but come on same fee to own or lease?
+1000 on this. It has always been a major gripe to me, "lease" customers don't pay an extra receiver charge, they pay a lease fee. So why should I pay an extra receiver charge because I own the thing. Either they should make lease customers pay both fees, or owning customers should pay neither.

The ridiculous fees are why I chose to eliminate all but one receiver, and instead invest my resources in extra UHF remotes and distributing that receiver to all TVs in the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)