18-month Commitment

coreillydish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Hey everyone. I have been a customer for 4.5 years. I originally had two 301 receivers and about 2 years ago I upgraded one of the 301s to a 510. Now I am interested in trading the 301 and 510 in for a 625. I have a couple of questions. The web site says that for $49 I can trade-in my 301 and 510 for a 522. Even though the 522 and the 625 are essentially the same I do not want a 522. I want the newer technology. I have several friends that have 625s and they never have problems. Some of them originally had 522s but they crapped out so they got 625s as replacements. Can I request that I get a 625 instead of a 522? Next question. At the end of the summer I may be moving into an apartment complex that will only allow cable connections (Comcast). If I do this upgrade with the 18-month commitment and then cancel in a few months what would the penalty be? How is that determined. Thanks for the help.

You should have no problem getting a 625 instead. If you ordered the upgrade through Dish rather than a retailer you will want to find out the name of the installer or retailer that will be performing the upgrade. They should be able to provide you with contact information for the retailer (notes given to Dish CSR's to be passed on to the retailer are risky at best). Then just give them a call and let them know you want to make sure they are using 625's. I believe the cancellation fee from Dish on that upgrade will be $13.33 per month remaining. Find out from the retailer though if they have a third party contract for you as well. They may also have their own cancellation fee (price set by them) due to the possibility of Dish Network chargebacks they may incur from your cancelling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)