18 more days to get NBR on 508's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frostwolf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Is dish going to make the deadline for NBR on the 508/510's?

Of course I'd be happy to get the bugs out they've introduced over the summer,
Pixilization, Jumping Cursor movement. I've not had any problems with lockups or black screens since the last update.

18 more days for Dish to make their Promise for NBR! Maybe we should spam them for it.

Can I hear from the people who are wanting the NBR feature activated?

Last edited:
Don't need it , don't want it. Make it an option, anyone that wants NBR (501, 508) can have it for $5 a month, just leave my nice stable DVRs alone.

NightRyder

Last edited:
I have a 510 and it seems like I have been waiting forever for NBR. I could have used it last night. We had a weekly timer setup for the Amazing Race. Last night was the finale and it was 2 hours instead of the the typical 1 hour show. We were watching it live and after the 1st hour the recording stopped because the timer was set for 1 hour. If I had NBR it would have known that the show was 2 hours this week and recorded the whole thing. If I had not been home last night it would have only recorded 1 hour and I would have missed the rest. If they are not going to upgrade the 501/508/510 to NBR they should just tell us. Stop making promises you won't keep. In Atlanta, Comcast is offering some great deals and BellSouth is bundling DirecTV service at a discount. I do have options but I have been with Dish Network for 4 years and really like it. Just give us NBR on the 501/508/510 or allow us to upgrade to a 625 for free (if leased). I don't understand why existing customers should pay $100 just for the privilege of leasing one. Doesn't make sense to me since new customers get the equipment for free.

The 510 owners should get NBR, even though Dish has always used the same software on all the 5xx models there is no reason they couldn't give the 510 its own. Having said that Dish programmers have proven time and time again that they can't find their own ass with both hands and a mirror, so be careful what you wish for.

NightRyder

On one of My 510's I had a program paused last night for about twenty min. The timer started jumping around. Like it would hold at 3 seconds for about two seconds and then jump to 5 seconds skipping 4, it would then continue normally for a few seconds and randomly do it again and again between 0 through 9 seconds. Prior to the last few sw updates I would give my 510's an A+. Now I would grade them at around a C. When I first started using my 510's I wanted nbr but now I wish they would just go back to the last stable software update I believe was p202 and then leave them alone. Probably within a year the new mpeg4 boxes will be coming out so whats the use anyway.

NightRyder said:
The 510 owners should get NBR, even though Dish has always used the same software on all the 5xx models there is no reason they couldn't give the 510 its own. Having said that Dish programmers have proven time and time again that they can't find their own ass with both hands and a mirror, so be careful what you wish for.
NightRyder
Don't wish that on me!:rolleyes:

Frank Jr. said:
Don't wish that on me!:rolleyes:

No, I really don't wish that on anyone, but I wish all those clammering for NBR on the 50x series would stop wishing it on me! ;)

I guess I got lucky, after a short period of flakiness my 501 and 508 settled down and are stable again (knock on wood).

NightRyder

Last edited:
If dish says they are working on it, let's just wait and see when they are ready to send it out.

Last edited:
17days for dish NBR to get here

j5races said:
If dish says they are working on it, let's just wait and see when they are ready to send it out.

Working on it since February's Charlie Chat.

17 Days.

So has anyone heard if this upgrade has been released yet? (OK, I'm just kidding). If their upgrade plans include exchanging my 508 for a ViP 622 I just might take them up on it at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)