1883 on Paramount +

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was more disappointed with the deaths of the most interesting characters when I thought there would be a full second season. But now that I know there won't be one, I'm more disappointed in Taylor Sheridan for being so cagey about this just being a limited series. In that context, the highlighting of the tragedies (all the folks who died on the wagon train), of the hopes that continually get dashed (Elsa's head-fake recoveries), the feelings of loneliness and being worn out (Shea), etc., from a story telling perspective, makes more sense.

I have no issue with Shea's fate. I think it was pretty obvious all along how he would end up.

Overall a really good show to me. Hopefully a little more still to come.

Now that's the best western TV hard R rated show I seen in a long time.

Great acting, great visual all that good stuffs western TV are ment to be shown that way.

Now I am wondering how many show are made in season 1 yet to been shown yet?:cool::hungry:hatsoff
As the season winds down, I never thought a show could beat Yellowstone, but this is the greatest serial I've ever seen. It tugs at your emotions and the writing is top notch. Especially the diary narration.

_____

So I wrote this before watching the finale and not reading a single post before mine. And I knew it was the probable end for Elsa, but that character brought me to tears 3 times in the series - and then I saw it was a one and done. Breaks my heart to not have a look at the planting of the ranch from the start.

Anyway, the real weight of the finale was Elsa facing death - something I've been terrified of even considering for as long as I can remember and her final scenes brought me face to face with the fact that I am mortal, and will die and am afraid. If that was the effect, it worked in my case because I am shaken by this realization.

And that is why this is the best show I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zookster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)